Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not just oval out the holes on the dash panel on both sides. That would make the most sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by BustaBizz View Post
      Why not just oval out the holes on the dash panel on both sides. That would make the most sense to me.
      instead of oval, because i can see the hole is beyond the dash, i'm thinking cut slot's on tht side. and just leave the drivers side alone, because you said the vertical holes match or something.
      like jhon said i'm realy sorry for your troubles.
      one more thing get rid of those torqes head's, remember just because it was stock you don't have to use it.......

Comment

Originally posted by 1tuffcj View Post
        instead of oval, because i can see the hole is beyond the dash, i'm thinking cut slot's on tht side. and just leave the drivers side alone, because you said the vertical holes match or something.
        like jhon said i'm realy sorry for your troubles.
        one more thing get rid of those torqes head's, remember just because it was stock you don't have to use it.......
        If you are putting on the dash pad, you must use a low profile bolts along the top.

Comment

Guys,

Thanks.....I am only using the hex bolts for now....I actually prefer the look....no dash pad on tis project.

I was speaking to someone at 4WD today and asked them to check on the pics....my autobody guys is .....and I quote...."Busy with an Enzo Ferrari and will get to me this week"....his opinion will dictate my actions....

New thread going up please check it out...

thx

Comment

if you really want it to fit you could cut a slot down the middle of the tub and glass it back up so the bolt holes will align....easier said than done

try loosening the body mounts, maybe the tub is tweaked a bit...i dunno

Comment

Captain....my captain......

with all manner of respect....it will be a cold day in hell before I due major surgery on the tub............that is a bit much and way, way beyond my capabilities...... I have thought about the body bolts, but I don't think that is the problem.....might be but I doubt it......believe me if these problems keep up 4WD will get more than an ear full.....

I will attach the windshield this weekend......if it is off too,welll, I guess I'll stop, go out, get drunk and chase women.......sleep it off and deal with it later.....

I mention in prevoius threads I am an ME. I learned in school that in the process of manufacturing any thing on a mass scale you will always have products that are defective, no matter how hard you try for prefection........I am really beginning to believe I got a crap tub and hood and dash....

Comment

Busta,

I am not cutting any more........Why doesn't the tub/hood/dash fit right? Where do the all the parts come from? I did some research 2 years ago and
                4WD keeps a few tubs in stock on the shelves at all times.....do you guys "mock up" the parts/tubs to see if the fit correctly? The catalog says "installs in record time!" pg 267 Please help!!!!!!!! Ask Woody to take a look at my flickr site...we were talking this morning!!

Comment

Originally posted by CAD1976 View Post
                  Busta,

I am not cutting any more........Why doesn't the tub/hood/dash fit right? Where do the all the parts come from? I did some research 2 years ago and
                  4WD keeps a few tubs in stock on the shelves at all times.....do you guys "mock up" the parts/tubs to see if the fit correctly? The catalog says "installs in record time!" pg 267 Please help!!!!!!!! Ask Woody to take a look at my flickr site...we were talking this morning!!

Hey, nothing about it being a "LONG" record time!

Comment

Ha! Good one!!!! It's some sort of record that's for sure!

Comment

Working...
                    X