X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• breaking in a new diff.

I've put in a new differantal and ring & pinion limited slip detroit truetrak in my jeep and i've heard you need to break in the new gears by driveing 5 miles or so and stop and wait for 30min. to cool the diff. and do this a couple of times and then replace the gear oil? Is this true or not has anyone heard of this or is this incorrect info? any info will be apperated. Thanks in advance.

good info

Originally posted by 86cj7 View Post
    I've put in a new differantal and ring & pinion limited slip detroit truetrak in my jeep and i've heard you need to break in the new gears by driveing 5 miles or so and stop and wait for 30min. to cool the diff. and do this a couple of times and then replace the gear oil? Is this true or not has anyone heard of this or is this incorrect info? any info will be apperated. Thanks in advance.
    Thanks to nocheepgas I've found this great site. WWW.pirate4x4.com/forum Then click on tech and a search box will apear type in your topic I used breaking in diff and found a GREAT articals on installing and seting up new diff gears, inculleding breaking in new diff gears this is what i found: after install and setup drive 20 miles no load or hot rodding and pulling of trailers. Then stop and and allow diff to cool for 30-60 mins. 60 seem best to me. Then for the next 500 miles light loads at varying speeds. This will wear off any varnish and grease put on at factor and set in the gears. Then drain lub and replace with fresh. Thank again to NOCHEEPGAS for the Great site. Check it out.

Comment

Working...
    X