X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snorkle

so i hear they are very rare and cost about $400 but who makes them and do any of you have a pic of it?

ARB makes them, they're called Safari snorkel. Pics you will find at 4wd

Comment

umm...no. arb does not make an application for that. try again...anybody?

Comment

What are you trying to put a snorkle on? That V8 in your YJ?

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPLT1
          umm...no. arb does not make an application for that. try again...anybody?
          Sorry, you were asking who makes snorkels, that's what I told you ;o) you were not asking for a special application...

Comment

sorry i was in a rush... a snorkle for a zj

Comment

sorry i was in a rush...
              no prob here ;o)

a snorkle for a zj
              I have seen snorkels on ZJs over here, both were 4 liter inline 6... so far I haven't seen any v8 with a snorkel here...

Comment

well its a 4.0 96 grand cherokee. its a friends. any idea on who makes these snorkles?

Comment

I have talked to one guy who has one on his 4 liter and he said he took the XJ version vom ARB and "tailorized" it to fit onto the ZJ. It sits on the drivers side as with the XJ. The second one I had seen looked different but I haven't talked to that guy what snorkel he mounted but from what I think to remind it might be a ARB for a LandRover Defender since it sat on the pass side. But I am not sure on this one.

Comment

Here's a few ideas:

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/module...article&sid=67

http://jeephorizons.com/tech/zjsnorkel.html

Comment

I like the first one, looks good, the second one looks too much like an improvision to me...

Comment

that first one is what ive been looking for thanx!!!

Comment

cool. what exactly does a snorkel do? i know it means you can go in higher water because it keeps water out of the air intake. BUT, what about the exhaust? if you look at military humvees they have a snorkel AND a raised exhaust higher that the humvee. also, wouldn't water get in your car?

not trying to rain on your parade, i think it's awesome and they look sweet too; i'm just asking the questions i'm thinking.

Comment

well tex, if you really want to cross water you should better place the exhaust high as well with some kind of adapter like the military hummvs. I have my 8x8 modified to cross 5 feet of water with no further mods, it can handle 6 and more but than I get wet feet but wouldn't care... 8 feet would become a problem when the water level inside the truck reaches the dashboard and the gauges get shortcuts, it would blow out all my eleectrical system but the truck would still run since the engine is mechanically controlled, no electronics and to be honest, who cares if my turn signal works when I cross rivers? which police car would try to follow me to tell me?

Comment

Working...
                            X