X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death Wobble?

Well I've never had any wobble, and my Jeep is not lifted. The tires are 235/15's. As I came back from a deer hunting trip my Jeep would shake violently in the front at 50 miles per hour. Well I had my utility trailer hooked and it was loaded toward the tongue. When I stopped to look at the Jeep I noticed the Jeep was covered with mud, especially the front wheels. Had to get a little four wheelin in right!!! So I stopped at the car wash and sprayed everything. The vibration stopped afterward. I've never had the shakes before from mud but I guess the combination of the trailer being loaded tongue heavy and the mud all over the wheels ,inside and out was the reason. Well just figure I would relate the story.

Originally posted by Jeep Rebel
    Well I've never had any wobble, and my Jeep is not lifted. The tires are 235/15's. As I came back from a deer hunting trip my Jeep would shake violently in the front at 50 miles per hour. Well I had my utility trailer hooked and it was loaded toward the tongue. When I stopped to look at the Jeep I noticed the Jeep was covered with mud, especially the front wheels. Had to get a little four wheelin in right!!! So I stopped at the car wash and sprayed everything. The vibration stopped afterward. I've never had the shakes before from mud but I guess the combination of the trailer being loaded tongue heavy and the mud all over the wheels ,inside and out was the reason. Well just figure I would relate the story.
    Yeah same thing happened to me last year at 4wd's jamboree. I wasn't carrying any loads but i sure had some mud in my wheels! It shook like a motha! So bad that i had to stop and crawl under there to clean out the mud.

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/6218/dscf1868pc0.jpg

I will never do the mud bog at 4wd's jamboree again. I don't know how they do it but they mix concrete in there, i swear. That shI$ sticks like Pam was never invented. Both times i tried cleaning with a pressure washer but that does hardly anything so i just dip the jeep in 4 feet of water and let it wash away. Still a pain after that.....
    Last edited by muddeprived; 11-20-2006, 08:44 AM.

Comment

I've got the stock steelies still on my XJ. I got some mud caked in there so bad one time I had DW and my radio antenna was just a shimmyin' and a shakin'!

Comment

Working...
      X