Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Top reasons why a Libby is a "chick Jeep" Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    The XJ was the best selling Jeep ever(2,884,172), and rather then do a redesign after 2001 the Cherokee was ended! In 17 years 78,878 more XJs were sold then CJs, YJs, and TJs were sold over 65 years, yet for some reason they ended the model to release a vehical which was: very ugly (in my opinion), poor riding (compared to my 10year old XJ), very under powered engine, and worse of all had IFS!

    The Liberty is in NO WAY rugged, or follow the traditions of the past! It was designed for the only purpose of selling "Jeeps" to every day people who will NEVER take them offroad! While the XJ was designed to fill a gap in the market, and was designed for family's and for going to go to the mall, it was also VERY capible offroad. It had the same basic drivetrain as the rest of the Jeep family, and was rugged enough to be taken just about anywhere!

    I have never liked the Liberty, and I never will! I will never drive a foreign brand (unless its a Ferrari or other exotic sports car) and I will never drive a Liberty. If I had to choose betwen a Liberty and a foreign car, I'd walk or ride my bike!

    Just how I feel! Hey Tom, you should have bought an XJ!! The 2001's are getting cheaper and you can still find them in VERY good shape!!
    Last edited by RalphXJ; 08-07-2007, 12:22 PM.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by tomsjeep
      Now you're being kind...
      I'm a scary-looking guy to most of these NE liberals.

      You're welcome! You know how I look, so tell me about scaring other people

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by RalphXJ
        The XJ was the best selling Jeep ever(2,884,172), and rather then do a redesign after 2001 the Cherokee was ended! In 17 years 78,878 more XJs were sold then CJs, YJs, and TJs were sold over 65 years, yet for some reason they ended the model to release a vehical which was: very ugly (in my opinion), poor riding (compared to my 10year old XJ), very under powered engine, and worse of all had IFS!

        The Liberty is in NO WAY rugged, or follow the traditions of the past! It was designed for the only purpose of selling "Jeeps" to every day people who will NEVER take them offroad! While the XJ was designed to fill a gap in the market, and was designed for family's and for going to go to the mall, it was also VERY capible offroad. It had the same basic drivetrain as the rest of the Jeep family, and was rugged enough to be taken just about anywhere!

        I have never liked the Liberty, and I never will! I will never drive a foreign brand (unless its a Ferrari or other exotic sports car) and I will never drive a Liberty. If I had to choose betwen a Liberty and a foreign car, I'd walk or ride my bike!

        Just how I feel! Hey Tom, you should have bought an XJ!! The 2001's are getting cheaper and you can still find them in VERY good shape!!
        Ummm. Well, a bike ride is out of the question... that would be suicidal in the Boston-area traffic. And walking... 52 mile round trip daily... is not really a functional option either.
        I got the Libby because enough of the interior controls match my Wrangler so that I wouldn't have to "relearn" anything switching back and forth between the vehicles. The plus-up for it is that it rides and handles much better than I expected. And I presumed I would have to change out the speakers to get decent sound... not so, and I didn't even get the super-premium sound system (perhaps it helps that I'm half-deaf from cannon fire).
        And I can't help nor change (neither can you) what DC did or didn't do or should or shouldn't have done regarding the Cherokee.
        It is a very nice vehicle. And it is what it is. Which includes IFS, electronic stability control, ABS, and all the bells and whistles. Oh yes, and a power sunroof. And it makes my 10+ hours per week commute a much more pleasant ride. I looked for a dependable Cherokee in this area. No go. And I was actually going to look at a Patriot just for the heck of it when I got such a deal on the Libby. I'd already presumed I was going to end up with a Honda or Toyota. But the Libby rides really nice. A friend who is planning on getting a Toyota small-SUV drove my Libby and came away starry-eyed over it.
        Frankly, I think it's shrewd marketing on DC(or whomever they are now)'s part. If Toyota can have four or more SUV-styled vehicles, why can't Jeep, plus maintain the off-road vehicle models in the JK?
        And if you believe what JP mag says (and I'm not saying I do), the TJ was a goner due to safety standards rising regardless of what we'd like. If I had my way, we'd do away with gunpowder and go back to swordfighting too, but can't undo what the passage of time yields.
        Gotta let it go man, and buy up all the Cherokee's you can get your hands on while you can.
        Last edited by tomsjeep; 08-07-2007, 01:55 PM.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Toralf
          You're welcome! You know how I look, so tell me about scaring other people
          I suspect you could smile at folks here in the NE and they would wet their britches!

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by tomsjeep
            I suspect you could smile at folks here in the NE and they would wet their britches!

            Oh no, you know I have such a nice personality if I should ever smile, it comes from my heart

            Comment


            • #21
              Back on topic, so far I've for reasons the Libby is a "Chick Jeep" I've got:
              - Lighted make-up mirrors
              - Comfy air conditioning and tunes
              - IFS (if you pick through RalphXJs posts on this you'll more or less find this among all the ranting about DC's choices)
              - underpowered engine

              Keep it coming folks.

              Oh, and a reminder, the Libby is plenty trail-capable, and is in no way a slouch vehicle, despite opinions to the contrary. And a reminder that those cigarettes that everyone thinks of as macho - Marlboro - were originally introduced as "chick cigarettes", which is why the packaging looks the way it does.

              Just because it was intro'd as a "Chick Jeep" doesn't mean it won't work well.

              Comment


              • #22
                The light up make up mirror can also be used if you get a little dob of mud in your eye or something, right? So it's not necessarily a chick thing. Any pics of Miss Libby yet? (I'm not known for my patience)

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by cherokee96
                  The light up make up mirror can also be used if you get a little dob of mud in your eye or something, right? So it's not necessarily a chick thing. Any pics of Miss Libby yet? (I'm not known for my patience)

                  So you're suggesting you'll buy everyone a drink, right?
                  "here's mud in your eye"???
                  hehe

                  No, you know I haven't had the time to take pix.
                  Gotta put that on my "to do" list!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by tomsjeep

                    So you're suggesting you'll buy everyone a drink, right?
                    "here's mud in your eye"???
                    hehe
                    Tom, if I were a rich lady I would do exactly that. Except I would buy a bottle of water for Toralf and I. And then we could do a world-wide toast to Jeepers everywhere. And yes, I include all Jeeps in that. No matter what personal opinions are, they all have Jeep on them.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by cherokee96
                      Tom, if I were a rich lady I would do exactly that. Except I would buy a bottle of water for Toralf and I. And then we could do a world-wide toast to Jeepers everywhere. And yes, I include all Jeeps in that. No matter what personal opinions are, they all have Jeep on them.
                      Well, as long as we're including Toralf, and since you don't want regular beer, then the three of us should toast a nice round of root beers! Water is just too flat, and root beer has a nice zing to it!

                      Actually that ought to be 4, since we don't want your hubby to get jealous... it'd be a shame to have to sic Toralf on him. He's got such a winning personality!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by tomsjeep
                        Well, as long as we're including Toralf, and since you don't want regular beer, then the three of us should toast a nice round of root beers! Water is just too flat, and root beer has a nice zing to it!

                        Actually that ought to be 4, since we don't want your hubby to get jealous... it'd be a shame to have to sic Toralf on him. He's got such a winning personality!
                        Yea, root beer would work! Didn't even think of that. Hubby is always included, we're a team. We get along so good anymore, it's like we're poster children for Hallmark cards. Except our idea of a romantic getaway is trail riding! Go figure. And he knows Toralf is too preoccupied with a certain somebody to worry about him.
                        But yes, that would be cool to do the world wide toast to us Jeepers. Dang it Tom! Now I sooo want a frosty mug of good root beer.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by cherokee96
                          Yea, root beer would work! Didn't even think of that. Hubby is always included, we're a team. We get along so good anymore, it's like we're poster children for Hallmark cards. Except our idea of a romantic getaway is trail riding! Go figure. And he knows Toralf is too preoccupied with a certain somebody to worry about him.
                          But yes, that would be cool to do the world wide toast to us Jeepers. Dang it Tom! Now I sooo want a frosty mug of good root beer.
                          Me too, and all I've got is grape juice or Dr. Pepper!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I am in with ya guys, no matter what's on the menu... water sounds fine to me, but I'll buy you a root beer Tom. Ever tried the German version of it? It's called "Malzbier" which is "Malt beer". I love it and bet you'd fall for it.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by tomsjeep
                              Me too, and all I've got is grape juice or Dr. Pepper!

                              With that choise I'd go for grape juice...

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Toralf
                                I am in with ya guys, no matter what's on the menu... water sounds fine to me, but I'll buy you a root beer Tom. Ever tried the German version of it? It's called "Malzbier" which is "Malt beer". I love it and bet you'd fall for it.
                                Wonder if anybody on this side of the pond has that. I think I'll do some searching...


                                Well, from what I found so far, Malzbier isn't usually imported here. Bummer.
                                But it made me think of something else I haven't had in ages. Birch beer! You have that on your side of the pond?
                                Last edited by cherokee96; 08-08-2007, 08:13 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X