Clear All

• Clark Griswold is a pansy!!

This guy has his $hiot together!!!

http://media.putfile.com/Best-christmas-lights-ever

Awesome!!!!!

Comment

lol how do you do that???

Comment

best thing ever. i've known about that video since last week. it's AWESOME!

how it's done. (it was on the news even) the guy that did this is an electrical engineer and he actually did this. no editing or whatever on a computer. it took him four friggin months to figure this all out but he did it. he has speakers set up and he plays it all from a certain time to a certain time every night. the light to just get on his street to drive by has a half hour long wait. that's JUST to drive by. it's crazy.

Comment

Other than a neat video, what is a Clark Griswold???

Comment

where is that?

Comment

That is possibly the most amazing thing I've ever seen in my entire life.

Sure as hell beats that time I saw Jesus walking around at Target, and that was pretty darn sweet.

Comment

OMG that's sweet
                What state is that in?

Comment

some guy does that in my neighborhood. he has a sign in his yard tellin when it goes off, and people drive there and watch, people actually line the street, its out of control. ive drove by going home right before one started, but never seen the "light show". neighbors told me he puts light action to crazy music and its pretty awesome, so i might just have to check it out, that could be it for all i know. that was purtey cool

Comment

how it's done. (it was on the news even) the guy that did this is an electrical engineer and he actually did this. no editing or whatever on a computer. it took him four friggin months to figure this all out but he did it. he has speakers set up and he plays it all from a certain time to a certain time every night. the light to just get on his street to drive by has a half hour long wait. that's JUST to drive by. it's crazy.
                    He made the news again. Something about $10,000 invested. And it caused a car accident.

Comment

It goes down like this. The guy that did all that (the video is from 2004) is Carson Williams. He's from Mason, OH, a suburb of Dayton. He used 88 Light-O-Rama channel controllers to run close to 16,000 lights. The sound that sync's up with the lights uses a low power FM transmitter that spectators tune their car radio to to hear the music. He had to shut it down this year because with the long line of people driving by to see it, the police could not get to an accident scene in his development. Check out this link, which shows how it was done, and schematics to build your own.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/arts/xmaslights.asp

starch, Clark Griswold is from National Lampoons Vaction series of movies. IF you haven't seen them, I suggest you drop everything your doing and go rent all of them immediately!!!!

Comment

That is cool Iwonder if it has to be that music or you can drop in any song?
                        Im guessing its a grafic eq with a shirt load of relays and wire. I think if you took the eq and wired relays to each bulb in the eq than a relay and out to the light strands this could work

Comment

Clark Griswold is from National Lampoons Vaction series of movies
                          To this day, I cannot watch the Christmas Vacation movie without spewing my beverage out at several intervals... especially when the cat chews on the Christmas tree lights!

Comment

Originally posted by rstarch345
                            Other than a neat video, what is a Clark Griswold???
                            National Lampoons Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase, only one of the funniest chirstmas movies of all time. He goes a little overboard with the christmas lights

Comment

Originally posted by scott
                              That is cool Iwonder if it has to be that music or you can drop in any song?
                              Im guessing its a grafic eq with a shirt load of relays and wire. I think if you took the eq and wired relays to each bulb in the eq than a relay and out to the light strands this could work

he gives directions on how to do it on the website given above

Comment

Working...
                              X