X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theres something wrong with me...

Me and the wifey were talking about our next car. Next year sometime we're gonna be trading in her Intrepid for a tow rig. I was first thinking USED Chevy Avalanche or a USED Extended cab F250 with the (Grrr... Sexy) PowerStroke. I told her if we got the Avalanche I was gonna put (first thing that is wrong with me) 20's on it, that idea went down because she said the rims would get destroyed in some of the places we drive to tow the Jeep. Then I thought you cant own a Avalanche with stock wheels so the F250 got the vote.

Now here is the part that is wrong. The idea of a H2 was tossed around, but its TOO darned expensive. Is it wrong to think about buying an H2? I mean it would make a nice tow rig. Its basically a 3/4 ton Cheby Tahoe with 35s and a rear locker. So if it was cheaper I would actually buy one. Whats wrong with me?!?!?!? Why do I all of a sudden sorta like H2s? Is there a pill I can take? Someone to talk to? I'm scared that if a really smokin' deal came around that I might impulse buy and regret it.

So if someone sees me at a Hummer Dealer, I give you permission to stop, walk up to me and either slap me in the face or punch me. Then grab me, drag me out and talk me out of it.

Dude how much did you drink last night???

I would say if need something to tow, look for a truck then you can also use to haul stuff. That, and I will still talk to you, cause if you get an H2, I dont know if I will be able to look you in the face with out laughing!! Why not get a Tahoe for like half the money?

Comment

Sit in a F-250 then sit in a H2, your desire for one will be cured. The H2 has poor visibility, sits too high for most people, and as you said, costs way too much.
      That and only wanna be's drive H2's .
      Either get a real Hummer or no Hummer (I refuse to call a real Hummer a H1).
      The only way I would get a Hummer is if my wife,... umm, never mind.

Comment

Get ya a Dura Max with the 6.6 or the 8 litre one

Comment

to buy a h2 for a tow rig is not a bad idea if they were cheaper because not only would the h2 not look as stupid with all that chrome and unessesary luxury the h2 would kinda be the jeeps biatch

Comment

I'm not getting one, the problem is that I THOUGHT about getting one. I'm looking for a 2001ish F250 with the 7.3 Powerstroke next year.

Comment

the problem is that I THOUGHT about getting one
              Ah! Thoughtcrime!
              Sorry, you are beyond redemption. Should probably go out and get a BMW SUV right away, and get and H2 to go wheeling in!

Seriously, the fact that you weighed it (on paper that would seem like a logical item to include as a possible tow vehicle) and rejected it is all you need consider.
              Your head's glued on well enough.
              Unlike the whiner that went on and on about how much flack he was getting for having an H2 (thread posted here earlier in the week). H2 is neither comfortable enough nor capable enough, to do the kind of towing you want. A king cab will offer you more comfort and cost you a lot less.

Comment

GET A DUELLY! diesel. dont matter really if it's ford, chevy or dodge, it MUST be a diesel duelly by an american manufacturer. DUELLY'S ARE THE SH!T! at least in texas.

Comment

i really love our 04 avalanche. i drove it from south west pa to south west wv and back pulling a 16' trailer loaded with 3 atvs. the truck has tons of space for a 4-door and plenty of power. cruised easily at 80mph with the trailer. awsome truck. the stock wheels look alright too.

Comment

I like the Duramax's the 6.6 has 345hp. And with the addition of the performance chip you can get for it bumps it up to 545 hp. Ya know how many jeeps you could tow with that ? But its really up to what you want. Could also check out a Chevy truck with Quadra steer that is VERY nice when pulling a trailer.

And the Avalanch check out the 2500's engine 8100 Big Block V8
                    Last edited by Project Jeep; 12-10-2005, 06:15 PM. Reason: link

Comment

As long as you have trailer brakes a grand cherokee is a good tow rig. and it is hella fun on road, with the v8 and the swb it is like driving a go kart with a v8

I have not found a load/trailer yet that mine could not tow/drag (including my cj a trailer and a snowplow down the street with the cj sideways but that was an accident )

The only problem is the brakes suck with a heavy load, but I think my brakes are bad anyway since it takes 10 car lengths to stop at 30mph

Comment

Originally posted by Tex
                        GET A DUELLY! diesel. dont matter really if it's ford, chevy or dodge, it MUST be a diesel duelly by an american manufacturer. DUELLY'S ARE THE SH!T! at least in texas.
                        So, when dually's leave the state of texas, do they lose the "THE SH!T!" status?

Comment

Just don't get a Ford Super Duty.. I tow 1-2 of them back to the dealer a week. Mostly for blown tranys, but I did pick up one with a seized engine and one for a electrical fire. All were less then 2 months old.
                          Haven't seen any big problems with Dodge trucks and towed one Chevy with 6 miles on it after it blew the radiator hoses off after leaving the dealer(Think someone at the factory forgot to tighten the hose clamps oops )

Comment

I don't care for duallys. I hate buying four tires at a time, much less six. Also, offroad, they are just two more tires to go flat.

Comment

Originally posted by joe_and_jeep

Now here is the part that is wrong. The idea of a H2 was tossed around, but its TOO darned expensive. Is it wrong to think about buying an H2? ..... Whats wrong with me?!?!?!? Why do I all of a sudden sorta like H2s? Is there a pill I can take? ........
                              Yes there is a pill. It is called a smart pill, rather small(9mm), you inject it into your brain and it takes out all the stupid thoughts like buying an H2. Don't worry about getting it to the right spot, the "pill injector tool" will do that for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X