X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Hate Lock Rings!!

It took longer to get that damn thing off than it did to install the SYE.

After about 5 minutes of trying it the traditional way I ended up grabbing a screwdriver and pulling it over the screwdriver and out since I wasn't going to need to reuse it. That seemed to work very well for me.

Comment

Do you have snap ring pliers?? Makes removing them VERY simple!

Comment

45 minutes, a flathead screwdriver, pocket knife and lots of curse words it finally came off.

Comment

Originally posted by yellow04
          45 minutes, a flathead screwdriver, pocket knife and lots of curse words it finally came off.
          Thats quick for not using the correct tools!! I used 2 small flathead screwdrivesr the first time i took my TC apart! It took almost 2 hours to get it apart!!!

I got the correct tools and the next time I had it completely apart, fixed and back together in less then 10min!!

Comment

I have the sears craftsman lock ring pliers and it still took all the other crap to get it off.

Comment

You need lock ring and snap ring pliers! 2 diffrent tools!

Comment

With the Tera ESS SYE you only need the lock ring pliers to remove the lock ring so the tail housing comes off. I didn't have to remove any snap rings and it was still a pain in the a$$.

Comment

Working...
                X