Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Ride!

http://www.mercurygse.com/images/_Toyota_Forklift.jpg

Ha ha! Not really... But I am getting my forklift license next week for work.
    Capable of lifting 6500lbs. 53 horsepower baby!

Tr

Cool.

Is it Trail Rated?

Comment

Originally posted by JeepTales
      Cool.

Is it Trail Rated?
      hahahahaha it is a good recovery rig.

Comment

Needs a lift and i would twin stck it

Comment

Originally posted by hozercj7
          Needs a lift
          Looks like it already has a 7' lift. Can anyone else on this board top that?

Comment

Twin sticks too. And a full hydraulic drive system. And a cool beeper thing for when he goes backwards.

Comment

Actually it's triple-sticked! And I'm running on propane. First I'll run a trail or two, then cook up some burgers and dogs.

Comment

We used to have some fun at the lumber yard I used to work with the fork trucks. I did a little muddy hill climbing with our old, big one.

The most fun we had was when we had this annoying yard guy (kid) who was always playing pranks on people. We picked up his Chevy Chevette with the biggest of our fork trucks, and hid it in the back of the box truck we used for wet weather deliveries.

Comment

While working a summer job in college I managed to take out a fire alarm pull box with one of the 2x4's I had stacked between the propane and seat. I was going a little too fast and every gap I hit in the concrete floor jostled the 2x4 out a little bit more until it was sticking far enough out to hit a home run with the pull box. They found pieces of that thing scattered within 100 yards. We also got to go home early that night.

Comment

how do you get a license for operating machinery? i have experience operating bulldozers, skid steers, backhoes, rough terrain extendable boom trucks (box-shooters), and all terrain boom supported aerial platforms (JLG's) and i would like to get certified or somethign with those so i could possible get a summer job operating machinery.

Comment

When I got my forklift certification the company I worked for did the training. IIRC the certification has to meet OSHA requirements. Then again that was 13 years ago so it may have changed.

Comment

You pretty much hit it, Batallion. I'm doing the training through my work (Borg-Warner Turbo Systems). It's all just to meet OSHA requirements. Used to, once you got your license, it was good for as long as you could drive. Now, you have to get a renewal every 3 years. Which I don't mind, because there are a few people at work who should probably get pulled...

Comment

re: TR

This one is trail-rated... all terrain/rough terrain 10k forklift.
                          http://public.amc.af.mil/News/2005/J...0W-001_sml.jpg

Comment

tom, thats sort of what i used to operate at work. this one is identical except for it has smaller tires-

http://www.valcoequipment.com/images...44b42_1997.jpg

it also has a hydraulic suspension i could tilt side to side to level out and the 4 wheel hydraulic steering was awsome. i could do so much with that thing but boy did it get stuck easily. i dont care if they call it an all-terrain boom truck or not, they sink like a...a...well...a really heavy forklift! recovery was easy though. i would just reach out about 40 feet with that long @ss boom, plant the forks, and retract and pull myself free...usually!
                            Last edited by joshs1ofakindxj; 04-02-2006, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Your training is usually done by your employer. I could look into if individuals could go get the license on their own, but it doesnt transfer from company to company. Plus its extremely expensive!

I do field service work on forklifts and some other types of equipment, mainly material handling. I get to work on some lifts that would blow your minds, only bad thing is im not allowed to take pics Im 6'2" and have had to work on some with tires taller then me! I love it though and wouldnt have it any other way.

Comment

Working...
                              X