X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Remove A Quadratec Sticker???

I Wish I Was Joking...i Put On A Quadratec Sticker About A Year Ago Because I Bought Something From That One Catalog...umm...i Forgot What It Was Called. Anyway I Want To Take Pictures Of My Jeep For Ya'll But I Don't Dare With That Darn Sticker On There. Afraid I'll Get Lynched By Someone From Ohio.

I Tried To Scrape It Off, But I Ran It Under My Thumbnail And Now It's Infected. No Pics...yucky

I Tried To Rub It Off On A Rock But My Rocker Panel Guard Wouldn't Let Me Get Close Enough With Out Tipping Over And Then I Ripped Off My Passenger-side Step. See Pics (anyone Know Where I Can Find A New One?)

I Tried Bumping It Off On Tree Root And Poked A Hole In The Sidewall Of My Best Tire. It Still Has Tread Up To My Knuckle. See Pics

I Swear This Thing Is Possessed...and Truthfully I'm Scared. It's Like A Cult Or Something. They Even Got A Girl Like Bree On The Cover For God Sakes.

I Think I'll Try What Tjmagoo Did And Just Put Stickers All Over Them.

Please Tell Me What You Think I Should Do?
    Last edited by oxcj5; 06-11-2006, 11:25 PM.

If you're concerned about getting flamed for showing a pic of the sticker, email it to me and I can Photoshop it out of existence. (But I doubt you'll get flamed over a sticker - I mean after all, it's just a sticker.)

If your concern is to remove the sticker (this is a joke, right?), there have been some things discussed in past to remedy the adhesive bond... try a search.

I'm sure there's nothing wrong ordering from those "Cue" folks, I just prefer to do business with my friends.

Comment

Originally posted by oxcj5
      I Tried To Rub It Off On A Rock But My Rocker Panel Guard Wouldn't Let Me Get Close Enough With Out Tipping Over
      THAT is hard core effort no doubt! I think with that kind of effort you can be "forgiven" for trying the other side...only once though!

Try rubbing alcohol. Pour it right onto the sticker. Let it set for a few mintues, then try and scrape it off. If you can't get it to "soak" through, then soak a washcloth in it and press it up against it hard for a while.

Be sure you get some concentrated stuff (at least 80% isopropyl). Some of the bottles at Wal-Mart and the like acutally only contain 3% alcohol, 97% water...you have to read the label.

Comment

Go find a skunk, tie it up close to the Jeep. Now P!$$ the skunk off, and hopefully it sprays the sticker. Then hopefully it will be so horribly stinky that 1. you dont want to get close enough to the Jeep as to when you take the pic and it wont be noticeable at 50 ft away, 2. The sticker will fall off.

Comment

get a hair dryer and heat up the adhesive, it'll start o curl, then just peal that beast off

Comment

I agree try a hair dryer or a heat gun. Also zippo type lighter fluid works pretty good also -- you might test it on a small spot first Or spray paint it .
            The side wall cut tire, Find a little tire shop that has a guy thats been there for years and he will know how to fix it. We have a club member thats been
            in the tire business for 20+ years and last spring i did the same thing and
            he fixed it and its still going strong.

Comment

you can get funnier than that

i was hoping you guys could get funnier than that....i liked the skunk idea though....might be a good theft deterent too. afterall its in the jokes section.
              Last edited by oxcj5; 04-04-2006, 02:45 AM.

Comment

you could put a 4WD sticker over top of it.....

Comment

i was hoping you guys could get funnier than that....i liked the skunk idea though....might be a good theft deterent too. afterall its in the jokes section.

Actually, if you'll notice, it's not in the Jokes section anymore... it was moved by a Mod.

Comment

I didnt get hazed that bad, but again the previous owner put it there befor she sold it to me to buy a libby.

Comment

Wire Wheel or a GRINDER........that will persuade the sticker nicely. In fact, you may scare the paint enough to reject the sticker and it will fall off on it's own.
                      You could try the swinging Micrometer (hammer) method.......but that may just make it stick more.

Comment

Easy way

Get Chuck Norris to stare at it until it removes itself.

Just be careful he doesn't stare at your gas tank, or it will burst into flame.

Comment

my method involves a cliff and flammable liquid......

just drive to a nice scenic cliff for a good view while you work at using 'goof off' and an old gift card (platic) to scrape it off. Be sure to wash the area and re-wax if you want.

goof-off can be found anywhere....wal-mart,kmart,autozone....etc.

Comment

that's awesome....i wonder how much he'll charge. ha ha ha

Comment

that's awesome....i wonder how much he'll charge. ha ha ha
                              No charge at all, and he'll throw in an engine steam clean if he's got to burp.

Comment

Working...
                              X