X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promotion!!!!

well. you guessed it. i got promoted. i am no longer a dishwasher but a pizza cutter/oven man. i cut pizzas, work the oven, keep the buffet running, prepare deliveries, etc. it's a hard job but i love it and apparently i'm pretty good at it. i was never a fast topper and i hated dishes so they put me on this and i love it. the only downside is the heat. i have to stand next to a 400F oven for hours on end. and i have to pull pans from under the pizzas and sometimes they slip and hit my hand. ya, it hurts like hell and i already have scars. but they go away after a couple of weeks. over all, i love it. not to mention i'm about to be eligible for a promotion.

i also talked to my boss about my summer and working more. i was thinking work evenings at pizza place and work days at mechanic shop. he told me he wanted me to work the whole days though. that's good because i make a nice 6 bucks an hour. i don't think it'll happen though because to do that you have to be a shift manager.

Congratulations

Hey Tex, Congratulations on the promotion.

When you get promoted to the Beer counter then I may come down and see you so you can hook me up!

Comment

lol. we do serve beer. 4 different kinds out the tap not to mention lots of bottled beer. but, i can't serve it until i'm 18, so you'll have to wait a year and a half.

Comment

Just remember, the deck of the oven (firebrick) is not that hot... you can touch that with your bare skin... but if you touch it and get a start, thinking it's hot, and jerk your arm up - to the upper part of the oven - then you just bought yourself a nice instant 3rd degree burn.

Invest in an aloe-vera plant to keep handy. The burns will heal more quickly (I used to manage a Pizza Hut, along with about 300 other jobs I've done).

Enjoy your new status as "oven man".

Comment

good job Tex.
          Keep up the good work.
          And ya I'll be there in a year for my beer. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tex
            i was thinking work evenings at pizza place and work days at mechanic shop. he told me he wanted me to work the whole days though.
            Dude, think about that long and hard before you committ. Starting my sophomore year, I worked my tail off in high-school. I didn't have to: I lived at home, mom and dad still bought me food, I had a few pair of clean underwearz...but I felt like I needed to.
            But after that first big $700+ paycheck from working 60 hours a week in the summer time, I was hooked. It all seemed to go to the same place too...

I felt obligated to continue working up until graduation, but honestly, looking back I would have enjoyed some more free time, friends and memory making. I don't really have much to show for it now either, except an almost paid for 7 year old Jeep.

Not telling you what to do, just giving some advice from someone who's been there recently. Consider just keeping the job you have, maybe work a little more, but make an effort to set aside some time for fun!

Congratulations on the promotion too! Pizzeria's rock!
            Last edited by davida_jr; 04-06-2006, 04:26 PM.

Comment

I worked at Romeos Pizza in medina,ohio. Loved every minute of it and good pay to boot. Now my brother in-law is co-owner of romeos and there is 4 of them!

Comment

Congrats Tex, I don't know about everybody else but it's good to see some our youth with the will to work. So many kids these days growing up not knowing what work is. You may go on to college and get a better job one day, but you can always find an average job if you need to. Alot of kids never have an everyday job. Good job and keep it up!!!

Comment

Hey Tex, congrats.

Your oven issue reminds me of my Junior and Senior in high school. I worked midnight shift in a small rubber shop and went to school right after work. Anyway, the molds for the rubber products were heated anywhere from 350 to 600 degrees. There were 20 molds that were kept heated even if we weren't using them. Well, on midnight shift there were 3 or 4 of us running 3 to 5 molds apiece (depended on products and lead time) so with all that heat in the building, you can imagine how hot it was. During the summer, when we took our breaks, we'd go out in 90 degree weather and think it was air conditioning. In the winter, if you dared step outside after being in the building you'd freeze instantly. We always had to do a cool down before we could go outside.

I always found it amazing that our bodies could adjust to conditions that in any other circumstance would seem impossible.

By the way, back then I was second highest paid moldman on my shift. Brought home $91.00 for the week. I was rich.

Comment

Congradulations dude!!!

I worked at Domino's when I was in the USAF.

That is I delivered piuzza. On Panama City Beach Florida, in a souped up Mustang GT (which was the reason for my need to have a second job).

Life was good.

Pizza rocks.

We need a little pizza smiley for TEX

Comment

Good Job, TEX. For the rest of your life remember that hard work pays.
                      And deliver me two pepperonis. I'm just up the street. ...
                      About 200 miles

Comment

Originally posted by LYKOS
                        That is I delivered piuzza. On Panama City Beach Florida, in a souped up Mustang GT (which was the reason for my need to have a second job).
                        Gas money must have cancelled out most of your pay...oh wait, was that back when it was affordable to live?

Comment

how bout some peproni rolls and strombolis? yes those are spelled correctly. peproni rolls are AMAZING!!!!!!!! it's what we're known for down here in the south. imagine a slize of pizza rolled up but with special cheese. ellos son deliciosos! strombolis are good too. not to mention our chocolate struedels and big dave pizzas and dave's faves. mmmmmmm. just visit the site. www.doubledave's.com

Comment

Was business good?

Originally posted by rstarch345
                            Hey Tex, congrats.

Your oven issue reminds me of my Junior and Senior in high school. I worked midnight shift in a small rubber shop
                            So, was BOP a customer of yours?
                            Is there a BIG market for small rubbers?

(I am sorry. I just couldn't pass up this lead in.
                            I don't know anyone well enough to joke with them like this so I had to pick someone that I know could take it.)

Comment

i need a job. can i have your old dishwashing job?

Comment

Working...
                              X