X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At least I'm Jeepin

So yesterday (that would be Sunday afternoon), I got a phone call saying I had to fly out to Ft Campbell. I'm thinking that they mean hop on a Delta flight or something, but NO!!!! Three hours later, the end of my weekend is ruined by having to go to work...well, that's what we call it!!! I get into my helo, and we take off on a 5 hour trip to Ft Campbell. At 6,000 feet the weather is a little cool, so I close my window and crank up the heater...broke. Next, I get hit with a thunderstorm. I end up landing in Nashville because of weather (and maintenance). All my guys get tickets back home that night ('cause their job here is done). I go down to the rental car agents and look around for anyone that is still working at 9pm. A very pleasant blonde girl was standing, waiting for only me behind the Enterprise desk, so I rent from her. What do you know!!! She gave me a Jeep Liberty. I have owned every post '80 Jeep made but the Liberty, and I wanted to try it out someday. So the day is now.

I drive the hour north, go to the post lodging where I supposedly had a reservation. Nope! At least I'm Jeepin. I drive to the first hotel...nope. At least I'm Jeepin. Second hotel...nope. At least I'm Jeepin. Third hotel 20 minutes away...yep. And I'm Jeepin! Had to go get some Guinness...in my Jeep.

You know, even on a bad day, the day is made better by a Jeep. Gotta go see what this rental Jeep can do!!!

As you said, at least you're Jeeping, that's all that counts and can make even bad days don't look that bad at all, right?

Comment

You got the insurance, right?

Comment

I like this little Liberty. Just got back from rolling around looking for a back road! No I didn't get the insurance!!! I have a real wealthy Uncle that pays for any damage I do! I like to call him Uncle Sugar, but most of my friends call him Uncle Sam.

Yep Toralf, a bad day always turns around when behind the wheel of a Jeep (that isn't broke). It sure beats my Geo too!

Comment

Originally posted by 47driver
          I like this little Liberty. Just got back from rolling around looking for a back road! No I didn't get the insurance!!! I have a real wealthy Uncle that pays for any damage I do! I like to call him Uncle Sugar, but most of my friends call him Uncle Sam.

Yep Toralf, a bad day always turns around when behind the wheel of a Jeep (that isn't broke). It sure beats my Geo too!

Uncle Sugar sounds pretty cool, doesn't he want my Tatra 8x8? It's up for sale and damn cool and rarer in the States than it is here... and why bother with all those original Army stuff when you can have that one? ;o)

Comment

Hey 47driver... If you ever find yourself stranded in Nashville again (or stuck at "beautiful" ft. Campbell with nothing to do), let me know... I am just north of Nashville. If nothing else, I can fire up the Q and we can sit around talking jeeps, eating and drinking!!
            I am ex Army officer (I "flew" M1's) and a fixed wing pilot, so we have a few things in common. One of my best friends is a Jag at Bragg.
            Be sure to rent a jeep... there are some great creeks around here - or the 5 acres in my backyard has an interesting mud bog and there is a hill perfect for field testing the airborne characteristics of that rental... (hit the bog then IFR on the jump!!!)

Comment

That is the key there. No matter what happens or how bad your day is your still jeepein.

Comment

okay...

Am I the ONLY one here who thinks that flying around in a bad@ss helicopter beats the SHIAT out of riding around in a Jeep?

GOOD GRIEF... and if you wreck it 47driver you already said Uncle Sugar would buy you another one. (I call him a lot of things but 'sugar' ain't one of 'em.)

Comment

Originally posted by 47driver
                  A very pleasant blonde girl was standing, waiting for only me behind the Enterprise desk, so I rent from her. What do you know!!! She gave me a....
                  Am I the only one that thought the story went down hill from here?? Forget the Liberty, I would have gotten to know the blonde alittle better!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blackwater
                    Am I the ONLY one here who thinks that flying around in a bad@ss helicopter beats the SHIAT out of riding around in a Jeep?

GOOD GRIEF... and if you wreck it 47driver you already said Uncle Sugar would buy you another one. (I call him a lot of things but 'sugar' ain't one of 'em.)
                    Blackwater, it is all what you DON'T have. I get to fly, I get paid to fly (which is better)...but the last time I drove my Jeep was...uh...mmm...I can't remember. The last time I got to light my hair on fire (code for "have a kick a$$ time) was today. It is always greener on the other side.

Ralph, I'm a good boy. My wife is hotter than the little blonde at the counter, but even if she wasn't - I'm a good boy!

Comment

Originally posted by CJ addiction
                      Hey 47driver... If you ever find yourself stranded in Nashville again (or stuck at "beautiful" ft. Campbell with nothing to do), let me know... I am just north of Nashville. If nothing else, I can fire up the Q and we can sit around talking jeeps, eating and drinking!!
                      I am ex Army officer (I "flew" M1's) and a fixed wing pilot, so we have a few things in common. One of my best friends is a Jag at Bragg.
                      Be sure to rent a jeep... there are some great creeks around here - or the 5 acres in my backyard has an interesting mud bog and there is a hill perfect for field testing the airborne characteristics of that rental... (hit the bog then IFR on the jump!!!)
                      Dang it!!!

I was bored out of my skull yesterday!!! I looked around for some trails, and all I found was a few muddy roads.

I have few Bragg Jags in my neighborhood. Next time I'm out here, I'll bring your drink of choice!!

Comment

Working...
                      X