X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's in a name?

I have been wondering about all the user names on this site. I like some of them, yet others leave me scratching my head. I kinda wonder what they mean. In my world, everyone ends up with a nickname or two, and I was wondering what the meaning was.

I know what red90wrangler means, but synpainter? Or Birdman, or Jdog, or Penguin etc. Maybe if I knew you, I would understand. But I don't, so I don't. Help me understand you better!

Let me start. Mine is 47Driver. It means I drive 47's. CH-47D Chinook. Sky Pig. Big Sexy. Fast B1tch. Flying Thunder.

Your turn.

Mine is "tomsjeep"... not certain I need to explain that, but if you really want it, here goes:

My name is Tom.
    I have a Jeep.

(OK. Captain Obvious called. He wants his cape returned.)

Comment

dang...

Tom, I still don't get it...

Blackwater...

There is a river not far from my house. I've spent the best times of my life on that black water. The Indians believed the river holds magic. All you gotta do is float down it during a sunset to believe it yourself.

Comment

I'm Poppy cause thats what my grandchildren call me.....not the Poppy from the opium plant.

Comment

Mine is High5 due to driving a CJ5 and it's kinda High. The name is on the plates too. It is just the Jeeps name. There also might be a reference to Seinfeld.

High5

Comment

EvilTwin v2 started out as a motorcycle thing for xbox live. I ride 2 cylinder bikes, and you can either look at it as I'm somewhat evil, or that my old bike was evil. v2 was because EvilTwin was already taken, and I used v2 to represent a V-Twin engine. Unfortunately, nobody else got it, and they all called me version 2...until I explained. Now my friends from the boards or on xbox live have just shortened it to Evil.

Here's a pic of my Evil inspiration:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...e/HPIM0515.jpg

...and yes, it really was as fast as it looks!
            Last edited by EvilTwin v2; 04-24-2006, 06:45 PM.

Comment

sreno0207...sreno cause my name is steve reno...and 0207...i dont know but its behind all my screen names...

Comment

Mine is from the old 70's TV show Emergency!. Squad 51 was part of Station 51 which was part of Battalion 14. I figured that would be unique enough that I would be able to use that at most of the BBS's I have visited in the last 10 years. To make sure of that I purposely misspelled battalion as battallion.

Comment

yeah, magic - water that can change color!

Originally posted by blackwater
                  There is a river not far from my house. I've spent the best times of my life on that black water. The Indians believed the river holds magic. All you gotta do is float down it during a sunset to believe it yourself.

Til a damn six foot snake drops outa the trees and into the boat with ya, then the water turns a funny yellow color - ah, not that something like that has ever happened to me!

I've used this handle for years - what some little street urchins shouted when I came around the corner.

Comment

mine is hotroddenal,

i like hot rods, and my name is al.

Comment

Joe_and_jeep - sorta self explanitory. My name is Joe and I have a Jeep.

Comment

Originally posted by hotroddenal
                        mine is hotroddenal,

i like hot rods, and my name is al.
                        I thought it was Hot Rod Denial ... Now I feel dumb!

In the R.A. Salvatore books, there's a race of subterranean elves called Drow (aka Dark Elves). In the Drow language 'mithuth' means 'to sin' or 'sinner' ... for those that know me, it's fitting.

Comment

Buster was a great pet...unfortunately, as all pets do, he is gone. I decided I wanted to keep him around, hence, Buster

Comment

I really dont want to get into to much detail because its kind of a confusing story. But my name is Zack if that helps!!

Comment

Originally posted by blackwater
                              Which river do you speak of? I'm from MB, just up the road. We frequent the ICWW, putting in down at Enterprise in Socastee...the cypress trees in that area make sure all of the water is good and black, and those bodies won't be found...

I also like to dive in any water in the area.

By the way, "davida_jr" is my realword name as well "David Anderson, Jr."

Comment

Working...
                              X