X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spray tint

ok i know what everyone's goin to say, but after getting in the jeep thats been sitting in the parking lot all morning and afternoon, it's like a steamroom

first i'll say this i have the tint top,

but i'm thinking of spray tinting the two fronts and maybe the windjammer

i'll prob do the windjammer first to see not to mess up the windows,,

but the question i have is has anyone ever did this???

and does anyone know of a company that sells this stuff, and maybe some instructions, i know i know (just spray it ) but i want it to look good........

spray tint?

ummm, I did it years ago on my old Torino. Sorry, very very sorry! But, things have improved over the years and you're probably handier than I was, so give it a try!

Comment

Five- O,

do u have a brand u used or like?

Comment

Don't do it. the spray will not stick to the plastic windows. It will come off and make a terrible mess.

Comment

so another words it'll just flake off, like a bad paint job on something??????

Comment

Originally posted by CORONAREDYJ
            so another words it'll just flake off, like a bad paint job on something??????
            Even worse. At first it may look OK, but as soon as the plastic flexes, you get little cracks in it. If you even think about rolling or folding them, then you will have little bits of black stuff coming off everywhere.
            I am not crazy about it even on real glass, but on plastic, it just is not designed for that.

Comment

Take your windows to a place that makes boat covers and have your clear plastic windows replaced with some tinted.

Comment

why can't bestop just come out with a the front tinted and solve everyones problems?

ABN82MP, i'm not looking at spending 100 just for that

Comment

why can't bestop just come out with a the front tinted and solve everyones problems?
                  Because state laws vary so much on what is considered legal for the front windows.

Comment

well at least put the less percent on the fronts of all states would help,

or even make different percents for each state and when u order u would have to tell them what state ur in

Comment

Some states do not allow any tint on the front windows, and bestop could possibly be held liable if they sold a tinted window to a customer in one of these states.

Comment

Originally posted by Blupupher
                        Some states do not allow any tint on the front windows, and bestop could possibly be held liable if they sold a tinted window to a customer in one of these states.
                        exactly why they should ask the person for which state it is for , and if the person lies it's on them

Comment

exactly why they should ask the person for which state it is for , and if the person lies it's on them
                          ...and they should just make how many different windows? 1 for 5%, 20%, 35%, 50%, 75% and no tint? No way that's going to happen. They're in business to make money, not stock pile a ton of choices that very few people will ever buy.

If you absolutely have to have dark windows, pay an upholstery shop to put new windows in your doors.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilTwin v2
                            ...and they should just make how many different windows? 1 for 5%, 20%, 35%, 50%, 75% and no tint? No way that's going to happen. They're in business to make money, not stock pile a ton of choices that very few people will ever buy.

If you absolutely have to have dark windows, pay an upholstery shop to put new windows in your doors.
                            never said i had to have dark windows, just lookin for a cheap way to go about it

Comment

never said i had to have dark windows, just lookin for a cheap way to go about it
                              Well the spray stuff is absolutely worthless. Even with glass, it's damned hard to get an even coat that looks decent.

Comment

Working...
                              X