X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain!!!

Finally, we got some rain. We have been in a drout this year as well as last.
    Last year we were 15" under as so far this year it's about 10". Wednesday, we finally got some. It was only about 2" but at least we got wet. Unfortunatly it was accompanied by hail. Tennis ball size hail came down on us. It broke the windshield on my wifes Expedition and My Dodge. ( The JEEP, well she was in the garage safe and sound!!! ) We probably need a new roof on our house, and loads of repairs on our vehicles. Thank God for full coverage!! Well ,just thouht I would share.

Man...

Rdwrglr, congrats on the rain, man. I wonder if Kingchip got any of that... He told me that it had quit raining in Texas PERIOD. You know, like it was never going to happen again.

Comment

i wish i could give you guys some of the rain were getting up here. almost 2 in yesterday, it rained all day today, and the weekend is supposed to be rainy. sounds like the southern states need in more than we do.

Comment

I was excited to get some rain here in the northeast. All the mud was gone. lol.

Rain = Mud = Messy Jeep = FUN

Comment

The ranch got two different 1/2 inch rains last week. First measurable rain since the 1/2 inch last october and 1 inch in august. At least there are no mosquitos. But Red, if it doesn't rain, do you really need the roof?

Comment

I get a kick out of all you east coasters out here lol.
            Drought, that makes me laugh.
            I grew up in Nevada. I remember when I was a kid, and I am not exagerating here, it did not rain for 10 YEARS! Now that is a drought.

Comment

whatcha used to...

Originally posted by avainaffairs
              ...and I am not exagerating here, it did not rain for 10 YEARS! Now that is a drought.
              Dangit, Avain... you can't grow tomatoes in weather like that... And it ain't SUPPOSED to rain in Nevada.

Comment

Originally posted by nuttzach
                i wish i could give you guys some of the rain were getting up here. almost 2 in yesterday, it rained all day today, and the weekend is supposed to be rainy. sounds like the southern states need in more than we do.
                I agree, please take some of ours. It's been raining for almost a week, and it's not supposed to quit until Tuesday. The river's way up (my trail is flooded) and my shoes and boots won't dry out. I forgot what the sun looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by muddymoose
                  I agree, please take some of ours. It's been raining for almost a week, and it's not supposed to quit until Tuesday. The river's way up (my trail is flooded) and my shoes and boots won't dry out. I forgot what the sun looks like.
                  Please take some of the 10+ inches of rain we've gotten in the past couple of days.
                  We've got roads underwater, and all sorts of rain still coming down.
                  If I don't see sunshine in a few days, I'll be looking to slit my wrists, I'm so tired of the rain!

Comment

Originally posted by tomsjeep
                    If I don't see sunshine in a few days, I'll be looking to slit my wrists, I'm so tired of the rain!

Can you please wait till after the M&G? You're the one bringing the tent and the sleeping bag But I am with you, I dare for some sun, it's cold over here and windy... can I borrow your knife?

Comment

You can imagine what the Hawaiin islands were like a month or so ago with 43 or 44 straight days of rain. At the time we could have used it in Texas really bad but not that much at one time.

Comment

Originally posted by Toralf
                        Can you please wait till after the M&G? You're the one bringing the tent and the sleeping bag But I am with you, I dare for some sun, it's cold over here and windy... can I borrow your knife?
                        You want the big one, or the little one? Or the sword?
                        Maybe one of the Spydercos? They make a cut that pretty much can't be stitched back together.

Comment

Originally posted by tomsjeep
                          You want the big one, or the little one? Or the sword?
                          Maybe one of the Spydercos? They make a cut that pretty much can't be stitched back together.

I take the big tent and the Spydercross. To go, please ;o)

Comment

Bad News Buddy

Originally posted by Toralf
                            I take the big tent and the Spydercross. To go, please ;o)
                            None of the tents I am bringing are very big. Just enough for 2 people to crawl into and sleep. You get one, I get one... you want to socialize? Come outta the tent! (Oh, you want that kind of socializing? Well, there's plenty of room for that in there.)
                            And will you seriously want to borrow a knife for the trail ride? If so, let me know.
                            But since Piece of Bird isn't coming, I don't think you'll need it.

I almost bought a hitch cover that is a bottle opener for my Jeep last weekend! It's gettin' close to party time, and I'm tired of the stinkin' rain!
                            (see, this post was on topic)

Comment

Working...
                            X