X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the scout drives!!

got seats in, most wiring done (heater fan, stereo, offroad lights are not wired in yet). next is the lift and dual exhaust. should i bother with door panels?
    Last edited by metalgear; 02-28-2007, 05:37 PM.

looks sweet! i wouldn't worry about the door panels, just paint the inside of the door.

Comment

Alright looks good man.

You gonna paint that turd? I thought I remember you mentioning painting it.

Comment

Originally posted by BustaBizz
        Alright looks good man.

You gonna paint that turd? I thought I remember you mentioning painting it.
        You cant polish a turd...

looks good!!

Comment

Looks damn nice!

Comment

I like it, good job. I am not a huge fan of the Scouts, but I did get a chance to get pulled out of a nice stuck by one once.

Scrambler

Comment

hah!

Originally posted by scrambler013
              ...I am not a huge fan of the Scouts, but I did get a chance to get pulled out of a nice stuck by one once.
              That'd make me a fan. Lookin' good, Metalgear.

Comment

got a good laugh out of the responses!
                "You cant polish a turd..." i didn't realize you were polish!
                busta, i am going to paint it with durabak smooth. not sure what color, was bent on white, but thinking about red too. white is easy to "fix" after trail destruction........

Comment

okay, here's what i did with the doors. didn't want to leave the door mechanisms open so i made the panels to cover em. painted with a can of spray on bedliner. gotta make a console or buy a tuffy to put the stereo in. suspension is next!
                  Last edited by metalgear; 02-28-2007, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Looking good!

My fiancee wants a full-size Scout. Know where I can find one for cheap?

Comment

you're in a better area. rust is nasty up here. used to be you could get a nice one for $3500, now ya really gotta shop around. try www.binderbulletin.org . i can keep my eyes peeled for one near ya. she wants an auto trans i assume? she gonna wheel it or street drive it?

Comment

my one buddy has a 75 scout 304 needs a tune up the newere motor has about 56,000 miles on it i think crowl induction hood 31'' inch chapparal m/t or what ever they are called front-rear tube bumpers , dual exaust not cats old enuff to make exeption for pa inspect. lil rust hole on the drivers side front fender and if you fixed that rust hole and gave it a paint job (primer right know) has some aluminum wheels last time i remember he wanted 1300 for it and that is really cheap for the shape and how rare they are

Comment

She'd prefer an automatic, but I think she'd take a manual. It'll be mostly street-driven, with some trail time here and there. She's more of the fire-road type, not much into rock crawling/mud-bogging. Yea, there was a guy on one of the other forums put up an ad for a buddy of his in Central NC. Guy had a Scout (no clue what year) good shape and running for $500! Guy disappeared and wouldn't respond to any PM's...

BTW, what years did the full-size run?

Comment

Working...
                          X