X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a New Job

I got laid off 2 weeks ago and I got a new job. I'm the Assistant Manager of Monro Muffler Brake in Beaver Falls, PA. So if your close by and need some work done, starting next Moneday (22nd) I'll be there and make sure you get good service.

I hear of people not getting jobs for a long time so I think I was blessed to find a new job so fast.

Congrats Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by joe_and_jeep
      I got laid off 2 weeks ago and I got a new job. I'm the Assistant Manager of Monro Muffler Brake in Beaver Falls, PA. So if your close by and need some work done, starting next Moneday (22nd) I'll be there and make sure you get good service.

I hear of people not getting jobs for a long time so I think I was blessed to find a new job so fast.
      Good to hear Joe. My current boss who now runs his own shop used to be a manager at Monro, I couldn't believe how much he was making there. I always thought it was a min wage job for everyone, not even remotely close!

Comment

Good to hear Joe. My current boss who now runs his own shop used to be a manager at Monro, I couldn't believe how much he was making there. I always thought it was a min wage job for everyone, not even remotely close!
        I was surprised too. I heard some stories about some of the busier stores and some of their yearly bonus'. I am at a mid level sales wise store.

My older bro. is the store manager in New Castle. He just acuired the store. He was sent there to turn it around. When I got laid off he sent my Application to the district manager and he liked what he saw. I got a call from this store and they hired me on the spot.

Comment

Congrats Joe! Getting laid off sucks. I'm glad you were able to turn it around so quickly.

Comment

nice to have someone upstairs lookin' out for ya eh? hey joe (where you goin' with that gun in your hand?) are you guys open on saturdays? i doubt i could make it over on a weekday.

Comment

Congrats on the job. My dads family was all from Bever Falls but they are have all moved and dad died Christmas day down here.

Comment

Congrats Joe, good to hear that. Hope this doesn't interfere with the M&G? Would be too bad... See you in a couple of days!

Comment

Congrats!!!!! My best friend runs the a Monro here in Canton, OH. He was a manager of the one in Massillon but then was transf to Canton to turn that one around. Good Luck!!!

Comment

Congrats!

It's a shame I'm not closer, I really need some exhaust work on the XJ...

Comment

I'm gonna have some sweet exhaust on my truck and XJ and... I guess shouldn't get carried away.

I went to Sears to buy some more tools, $500 later and I had 2 bags and a small box of tools. So small I carried it out myself. They get expensive.

My little bro is a machinist for a company that machines the internal parts for Ingersol Rand so he is getting all my air tools... 50% off. Woohoo! And the owner of the machine shop is a dealer of SK tools so thats 50% off too.

My dads family was all from Bever Falls but they are have all moved and dad died Christmas day down here.
                      Sorry for your loss.

Comment

I'm gonna have some sweet exhaust on my truck and XJ and... I guess shouldn't get carried away.

I went to Sears to buy some more tools, $500 later and I had 2 bags and a small box of tools. So small I carried it out myself. They get expensive.

My little bro is a machinist for a company that machines the internal parts for Ingersol Rand so he is getting all my air tools... 50% off. Woohoo! And the owner of the machine shop is a dealer of SK tools so thats 50% off too.
                        Looks like there goes the first paycheck...LOL I hate when you have to spend money for your job before you even go to work. My first sales job, I had to go out and buy 7 new suits. The job b4 that I only wore jeans. So I know how you feel. At least the tools are a better investment.

Comment

Originally posted by sbacon
                          Looks like there goes the first paycheck...LOL I hate when you have to spend money for your job before you even go to work. My first sales job, I had to go out and buy 7 new suits. The job b4 that I only wore jeans. So I know how you feel. At least the tools are a better investment.
                          Judging from your avatar, you shouldda stuck with 6 suits instead.

Comment

So does this affect you getting the time off for the M&G?

Comment

I hear you there, I have around 10k worth of tools including my tool box and that was from 4.5 years as a mechanic. I used to work for Monro quite a few years ago, pretty good company. I took stock options when I was there, left with about 25 shares, it split now I have 42 shares and it is worth about 3x what I paid for it.

Good luck Joe.

Scrambler

Comment

Working...
                              X