X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disconnects

ok i just got the 3" 4wd lift and i have one question so far, probably more to come once i start installing it. but i dont now forsure what the purpose of the discos are for. my guess is that when you offroadin you "pull the pin" and it will let you get more flex? and then you put the pin in when your on the road? am i anywhere close to the idea of them? take it easy on me please.

7 views and no responses? yeah you got it right. Most people (well me at least) leave em disco'd all the time. Im too lazy to connect em everytime I hit the street...

Comment

ok well i am goin to be opposite of you bc out of 365 days im like 360% daily driver and my fam tows the jeep to colorado every year for about 5 days of offroadin for 5% of offroad driving. anyways when towing it, it pri wouldnt matter if it was connected or disco'd would it?

Comment

If your going to drive it that much I would use the disco's. If the swaybar is disconnected all the time you will have more body roll (left to right) than normal. That comes into play at higher speeds. The faster your going the more the Jeep will tend to lean. Once you get used to it an know your limitations its good, but at first take it easy. Another option is going with something like the Currie Anti-Rock.

Comment

damn thats good info to know, i drive on the highways and interstates all the time. thanks man.

Comment

But the anti-rock also has more lean than it will if you just keep your disconnects connected. I would definitely recommend staying connected, unless you're going wheeling.

Comment

G-tar-Man thanks for adding that I didnt mention that. With the anti-rock you will get a lean but it is adjustable for less or more lean or articulation. They have a reccommended setting for the DD's. The anti-rock arm itself has 5 settings 2 for on-road only and 3 for offroad

Comment

yeah i have no clue what any of that means so i will just stick to keeping tome connected unless im off the road

Comment

http://www.4x4xplor.com/homediscos.html

You can just use a regular nut/bolt and unbolt it when you're ready to play. Some find this too "time consuming" compared to aftermarket disconnects but it only takes 3 minutes.

As for myself, i don't run a front sway bar anymore. I got tired of all the clunking noise that comes with it.
                  Last edited by muddeprived; 12-13-2006, 06:34 AM.

Comment

I purchased a pair of JKS quick discos when I trashed my factory links on the trail. At first I thought they were great, and then I realized how much better my Jeep rides ON the road without them connected and I havn't played with them since. I connect them once a year to get my Jeep inspected.
                    I did notice a big difference when I replaced my factory shocks with Rancho 5000s. The excess body roll went away and it still has a much better ride than with the sway bar connected.

Comment

I have the JKS disconnects too. I bought the rig without connects and every time I braked I went all squirrely. After I put them on I was able to break clean and straight. I don't bother to take them off unless I plan to articulate.

Comment

Originally posted by PA-TJ
                        I purchased a pair of JKS quick discos when I trashed my factory links on the trail. At first I thought they were great, and then I realized how much better my Jeep rides ON the road without them connected and I havn't played with them since. I connect them once a year to get my Jeep inspected.
                        I did notice a big difference when I replaced my factory shocks with Rancho 5000s. The excess body roll went away and it still has a much better ride than with the sway bar connected.
                        dang, i thought those rancho's would snap a spine. I rode in a tj with them before and they were STIFF. No wonder you have no body roll

Comment

ok is there suppose to be discos for both sides or just the driver side?

Comment

disconects

should be one for each side. i ditched my 5000's also they would hit so hard on road with a tiny bump i hated them. i am just gettin ready to put a set of bilstein 5100's on it, i have been told by a few they are way better. i leave myself connected on road also but soon as the pavement runs out i take them out unless i am runnin in the mud.

Comment

alright i just got one so i will have to call for another one
                              Last edited by tank48; 12-21-2006, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X