X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback

O.K. guys I need sone feedback. I'm getting ready for another order from 4wd. First,Pro comp.15 by 10 Alloys #8023 wheels. Next my sound system was lacking. I'd like to keep the jensen 6 by 9's that drop in behind the roll bar. I'm thinking of going with the tuffy overhead double counsel. Mounted in that the VDF 800 watt amp., and a sony cdxgt400 reciever at 52 watts times 4 peak power. The floor pod that sits in front of the shifter on the floor with two sony 5 and one quarter inch four ways. 200 watts of peak power. Tell me what you think? To old for the sub-woffer crap.I would like a quality sound at highway speeds running with soft half doors,duster cover and bikini top.
    Last edited by redtail; 01-17-2007, 05:07 PM.

I looked at the overhead console but wondered about hitting the head on it.
    I put the tuffy between the seat box in and it is great.

Comment

If you are 6' and wheel in a trail do not get the Tuffy overhead console. I hated mine when in the rocky trail at Paragon. My head was sore from hitting it all the time.
      As for the sound combo sounds good. But you really need a sub, it does make the difference. I listen to Jimmy Buffett and I like a thump. It really cleans up the sound. The 8" ones will give thump and not take up the whole rear end of your jeep.
      I have 6x9 on the rear fenderwell, and 5 1/2 in the padded dash.
      But the pod you are talking about will get teh sound up where you need it.

Comment

Can you say helmet? Kidding. I built my own overhead and yes it hurts often, especially when jumping into the driver seat. I have so many holes in my head from the thing it ain't funny...really it's not funny.

Comment

Thanks folk,s. I'm 5'10" tall. I don't think the nieghbors would appreciate the sub-woffer at 4:30 in the morning when I leave for work.

Comment

So who says you have to have it blasting all the time.

Comment

thanks penguin, I,ll concider a sub. But running an open cab I,m always worried about security.

Comment

I couldn't hear my tunes when on the road w/ top off either. Now that I'm restoring the whole thing, does anyone have some not too technical advice? I like the rollbar speaker thing, but they seem awful expensive for just speakers. I just want to hear the radio w/ 60 mph wind. No fancy stuff. Thanks!

Comment

just how much sound do you need...my jeep in in rebuild mode so i dont need a radio but i hear what your saying...do you need all that or just a piece...think about it is all

Comment

Can't sleep either?
                    Yeah, I'm in the same boat- not near ready for a sound system, but I thought I'd ask around early to see what everyone has to say. Right now, I'm still working on the frame, brake and fuel lines, lift kit, undercoating- long way from toodling down the road singing (VERY poorly) with the radio!

Comment

Want the hear something funny. I only have/had one jeep with a radio in it that was high power. If I couldn't secure mine the way I do I wouldn''t have it either(Hard top all year round, tuffy overhead console, amps bolted through the frame). I never even turned on the radio in my 84. I had that for 4 months before I was hit and rolled.
                      But I had to say it anyway. Having the sound is nice. But most of the time I listen to my jeep singing. It is amazing what problems you can find before they get out of hand that way.

Comment

I have had prolly 6 radios stolen out of my CJ over the years. So I only buy cheap systems, and try to keep the cost below 75 bucks. Of course, my jeep inn't my DD, it's just a toy, so not having a "big sound" really isn't a priority for me. I have the speakers that sit in an enclosure on the trans homp, right in front of the shifters. It sounds pretty good, and fires the sound up at me, so it works well on the highway too. They would be a pain to dig out in a hurry, so thives would most likely pass them by, but those radios are out and gone in a wink! I figure if you give the SOB's something, at least they wont vandalize it on the way out!

Comment

I mounted my alpine 6x9's in tuffy storage boxes on the fenderwell. They have a slight echo, I am going to put batting behind them and see if that helps.

Comment

Working...
                          X