X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XJ Leg Room & Seats Help

I have a 98 XJ classic and the leg room is not the greatest. Im 6,3 and saw Big boy brackets for an yj but wanted to Fab them for a XJ has any one done this or have Pics? I really just need some Pics but a description would be nice. Thanks alot. I dont want to buy brackets as I know I can make them.

get a 2 door jeep

Comment

for sure the 2 door has longer doors and the seat goes back a bit more. That and you can trim the rear fenders more with out getting into the pinch seam like the 4 doors. Same wheel base and everything.

Comment

I did notice that my 91 had much more leg room than my 01. i wonder if the seat brackets go back farther in the older jeeps?

Comment

I am 6'2" and have plenty of room in my '90 XJ. Heard that the newer ones have a bit less room... I'd try to change the seat bracket to the pre '97 one, should fit with some mods from what I have seen.

Comment

Huh... I'm 6'5" and I don't really have "fitment" problems in my '98 4DR. Maybe I'm just so used to scrunching into small places, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by renegadestang
              Huh... I'm 6'5" and I don't really have "fitment" problems in my '98 4DR. Maybe I'm just so used to scrunching into small places, lol.
              *lol* it's all a question of where you come from... my first car was a Trabant, so everything from there felt roomy ;o)

Comment

Jpt921

(new guy here) I just bought a '98 Cherokee Sport 4dr, and also had legroom issues (6'5" w/36 inseam). I bought the "BigBoyBrackets" from misch4x4.com and installed 'em in about an hour.

Now, I have too much legroom, and actually have to move the seat forward 2 clicks. Solved my problem.

Comment

Welcome aboard Mud...

Comment

Originally posted by MudBoogers
                    (new guy here) I just bought a '98 Cherokee Sport 4dr, and also had legroom issues (6'5" w/36 inseam). I bought the "BigBoyBrackets" from misch4x4.com and installed 'em in about an hour.

Now, I have too much legroom, and actually have to move the seat forward 2 clicks. Solved my problem.
                    Did the brackets raise the seat height any?

Comment

Maybe 1/4 - 1/2 inch at most, but you could counter that by slight recline of the seatback, perhaps?

Or just gain more weight and compress the seat farther down... (j/k)

Comment

Working...
                      X