Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpringS

Will CJ5 springs bolt to a CJ7?
    I see 4WD lists them as separate--by order/list, though, can some shackle mod be made, if they are so different?
    Ppreciate some info.

Year of CJ 5 is necessary. Pre '76 are narrower than the later. Mine are 2 inch, post '75 are 2 1/2 I believe. Still not sure you can bolt them up to a 7

High5

Comment

All the CJ's from 76- up use the same springs. 75-under use a different spring.

Comment

Originally posted by BustaBizz
        All the CJ's from 76- up use the same springs. 75-under use a different spring.
        This is true to a point...they are the same dimensions but there were different spring rates depending on jeep and options. They range from 4 to 6 leaf packs.

Comment

SpringS II

Thank you all, to read your answers gives me more specific details...
          I'm not concerned about the spring rates, and I'm speculating a CJ spring set below '76.
          I can deal with the width, on the front or rear sets, being between 2-2.5" as my mount locales can accompany up to 2.5."
          I think I am more concerned about the length--I can deal, with bolt modification, the eyelets/bushings...
          After installation of these 5 springs, to a 7, I don't know if the shackles will be completely leaned to one way or the other. If that is all that happens, I can deal with it in fabbing spring mounts--lengthening, remounting, so on.
          Thank you and thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X