X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tj windshield

How much have you guys paid to have your windshield replaced? I could get a new windshield shipped to my door for $99 on ebay. I don't know how much a local company will charge for the winshield and installation because i've never had it replaced before.

Not sure whether to buy it online and have them install or just let the local dudes get one and install it for me.

Haven't done it yet, But I was quoted 125, and then had a friend say he had a guy who would replace it for 100. The 125 was a mobile place, but I was leaving for a game and didn't want to leave my stuff unlocked at school while I was gone, haven't got back around to rescheduling.

Comment

I had mine replaced several months ago and I believe it was 130 or around there and that included a lifetime warranty. Some companies may not install a windshield that wasn't purchased from them. If I were you, I would just buy it from the company and have them install it... that way you won't have to worry about the glass being damaged during shipping.

Oh and most do come right to your house too and do it... at least the one I had did...
      Last edited by TommyDee291; 01-08-2007, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Shop around, I got mine done (CJ) for $168. The guy came out to my house and was done in like 30 min. I had quotes as high as $480!! One advantage to having them do it, and getting the glass thru them, is if it breaks on install, it's on them. If you buy the glass and it breaks while they install, they may not cover it.

Comment

it is situations like this...

that make me love the SC Insurance Commission. If you have comprehensive insurance, glass break is a zero deductible item -by regulation.

never have to worry about a bad windshield!

Ed

Comment

Originally posted by Five-O
            that make me love the SC Insurance Commission. If you have comprehensive insurance, glass break is a zero deductible item -by regulation.

never have to worry about a bad windshield!

Ed
            Same in Mass.
            I'm on my third windshield in this Jeep... all at no cost to me (aside from my outrageous insurance premiums).

Comment

same in NC.. i'm on my 3rd or 4th.. can remeber at this point, each time they've been able to come while i'm in class and change it out.

Comment

Ive been through two one on my old wrangler and one on my exploder both were paid for by insurance...

Comment

Originally posted by steelz19
                  Ive been through two one on my old wrangler and one on my exploder both were paid for by insurance...

Like it was said above...they were paid for by YOU!! How much do you guys pay a year for insurance on your Jeeps??

I may have to pay full price for my windshield, but I guarrantee my insurance is so cheap I could buy 3 or 4 a year before I hit your costs.

Comment

I have full collision and replacement and i pay around $400-$500 a year i am under my parents insureance never had a ticket or wreck.

Comment

It cost around $300 for mine. Cost me $100 after insurance.

Comment

I pad $135 for the one i replaced in my YJ before i got rid of it. This was two or so years ago but it seem pretty accurate to what others are saying. They did come to my house and do it but i did shop around to find this price. some wanted as high as $220.

Comment

$148 and worth every penny

I had to have mine replaced this summer, Pa winters are hard on flat windshields. I also thought about doing it myself. After watching the guy struggle for about 45 minutes to get the job done, I'm soooooo glad I chose to let someone else tackle that job. And he had the correct tools to do the job.
                          Have someone else do it, it's not worth the headache!

Comment

Originally posted by PA-TJ
                            I had to have mine replaced this summer, Pa winters are hard on flat windshields. I also thought about doing it myself. After watching the guy struggle for about 45 minutes to get the job done, I'm soooooo glad I chose to let someone else tackle that job. And he had the correct tools to do the job.
                            Have someone else do it, it's not worth the headache!
                            No way in hell i'd try it. My dad tried once back when i was a kid, and boy i never saw him swear as much as he did.

The windshield's gonna have to wait. Jeep broke down so the windshield priority dropped to 2nd.

Comment

Working...
                            X