Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Jeeps collide who wins? 95YJ vs 78 Gladiator

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/y...epscollide.jpg

Lets just say the YJ didnt require a tow to get home..

on that note.. can someone tell me what the offical name of the pieces on the front of the fender are called?
    I can't find those parts online, they aren't fenders or extensions...

and if anyone has a grill for sale PM me..

Thanks
    Terry

P.S. anyone got any Ideas of how to get my lift kit back in line .. short of removing the whole thing and starting over?
    Since the frame took the impact all the lift spacers are leaning forward a good inch or so..

http://www.youtube.com/user/Excentri.../0/GkHNNPM7pJA
    Merry Christmas
    Last edited by terryrwood; 12-24-2010, 11:23 AM.

im prety sure u have to buy the whole fender,looks like the front of the frame is bent downward,pushing the top of the shakle backwards,if thats the case u have to bend it back up somehow

Comment

The parts I'm looking for are for the YJ...
      When I do a search for fenders they only show the fender up to the flat part...
      The curved part in the front seems to be a seperate piece alltogether... Guess I will hit the dealer this week and see what they have ot say...

Thanks

Comment

I would def have a bodyshop check the frame given what you have said. It could be bent. Is insurance handling this?

I am pretty certain the fenders are 1 entire piece as well. Do you need a radiator or A/C Condensor?

Comment

Have a frame shop put the Jeep on a frame machine and pull it. I'm betting it's swayed. Depending on your budget, If you don't want to have to get into paint work, find a grille and the rest looks like it can be fixed.

Comment

There aren't special names for the fender pieces you are talking about. They are just factory style fenders. If you have been looking online or in magazines it sounds like you were looking at flatfenders which are popular. But you want factory (OEM) fenders if you'd like the same style.

Comment

I was doing my usual craigslist check and saw this http://killeen.craigslist.org/pts/2132318664.html hope it helps.

Comment

you should of bought both and gave me the gladiator

Comment

definately looks like the frameis bent, and if it is I cna almost garuntee insurance will total itif you claim it. Sound slike you didnt claim it and plan to pull soem insurance fruad and say you hit a deer. Most insurance companies will want a police report of the deer hit becuase of reasons like this, and id not suggest posting on a public forum that you intend to do so.

Comment

Where does it sound like he is planning on insurance fraud? I can think of many scenarios where he would not claim it (or have a right to) and is just trying to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                    X