X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liberty Windshields

I have a question for you Liberty owners. I am thinking very hard about trading my 2003 Sonoma crew cab on a 2005 Liberty Renagade but someone here where I work has one and I was talking to him today and he said the only complaint he had was the windshields crack easy. Is this a problem anyone else has had?

3 years, no cracks. Nor have I heard of that one.

Comment

I have owend a liberty for 3 years also and had no cracks. Nor have I ever heard of libertys windshields getting cracks easier. Now I did just get a crack in my wrangler but that was from some idiot cutting RIGHT in front of me and blowing rocks and salt from the center of the highway, those particles came up and cracked the windshield.

Comment

Really.....

Comment

yeah really

Comment

Thanks for the reply, and I have had a piece of AB3 gravel hit the windshield of our Wrangler at highway speeds and not leave a mark on the windshield. BTW I traded my GMC in this weekend on a Liberty Renagade

Comment

In the 1st year I have had 3 rocks cause chips, or "bulletholes". However I have had them fixed and none of them became a full blown crack or ran at all.

Congrats on the new 'Berty!

Comment

Thanks I've been very happy with it so far. One of the guys here at work has had to repalce 3 windshields due to cracks. All three times a rock hit the windshield on the way to work and when he comes out after work the window has cracked all the way across. All three times the weather was cold & wet so he thinks that may be the factor as the windshield cools down after parking it for 8hrs.

Comment

FWIW my 05 Libby does seem to be "sandblasted" already at only 6500 miles. And there are a few barely visible scratches side to side on it. My 04 GTO windshield is trashed with side to side scratches from a brand friggin new squeeqe and clean water, not to mention it is "sandblasted" so bad it looks like its got 100k on it and I only have 7800. My in laws just had a new windshield put in their 96 Jimmy and the same thing is happening to them after only 1000 miles and scratched the first time they cleaned it.

From what they were told and what I am finding out is that the Fed changed the requirements for safety glass last year and they are all "softer" because of the different compound of the glass.

But this is just one man's experience.

Comment

my wife has an 04 renegade and has already put 3 new windshields in it and the one in it now is cracked . Dont know what the problem is. The windshield in now cracked only a few weeks after installed--and i cant find any chips where it cracked.

Comment

Working...
                    X