X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rubber boot on grease nipple

I was greasing one of the nipples and it started squirting out. There is like a hole in the rubber boot. is there anyway of doing a quick fix like with an adhesive? I will fix it when it gets warmer out. dont really feel like fixing it in the freezing cold. Its on the sway bar. Can the rubber boot be bought seperatly from the nipple part or is it an all in 1 thing. 01 tj. Thanks.

I can't for the life of me figure out where there's a zerk on the swaybar, but I wouldn't worry about it at all. Just pump in some fresh grease occasionally and forget about it.

Comment

Maybe jks discos? Mine have grease fittings.....

Comment

no way you can fill the hole, since its got grease on it, nothing will ever stick. just overfill it repeatedly

Comment

I'm assuming that it's not an outright tear. Otherwise, I believe it's supposed to be that way. it gives you the ability to cycle fresh grease through all you chassis lube points. My wife's Tahoe is the same way. I pump till I see new grease. It comes out in a very deliberate stream.

Comment

its not broke, its supposed to be like that. just wipe off the excess and your good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by the Captain View Post
              its not broke, its supposed to be like that. just wipe off the excess and your good to go.
              na. there is a hole. can see/feel it. its rite in the middle of it. what i think i am gonna try and do is spray brake cleaner on it clean it off really gd and rv gasket maker/sealer on it. see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigall View Post
                na. there is a hole. can see/feel it. its rite in the middle of it. what i think i am gonna try and do is spray brake cleaner on it clean it off really gd and rv gasket maker/sealer on it. see what happens.
                Not going to work. Just keep it greased up and don't worry about it. How about a pic of this grease boot that's got a hole. I still haven't seen a greasable sway bar and won't believe it until I see it. I've seen the geasable disconnects, but they don't have boots.

Comment

Working...
                X