X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electric fan swap (5.2)

1) the fan clutch in my zj is blown and 2) for some reasong ONE of the blades is clanging on the fan-shroud. so, rather than replacing the clutch, fan and shroud with stock pieces, i was thinking about doing an electric fan swap. has anyone done one? do they make one powerful enough to be effective on the 5.2? what about a dual-fan set up?

the wiring won't be an issue for me. i have a decent background in car-stereos and accesory wiring. just need to know if anyone has done it and what parts they've used.

im thinking of doing the same.

heres a write up
    http://mallcrawlin.com/phpBB/viewtop...ctric+fan+swap

you will get alot more answers if you post on www.nagca.com or www.mallcrawlin.com but beware that mallcrawlin is hard core tech and is not very nice to noobs but dont say i didnt warn you. nagca is a very good place with nice people.

Comment

posted on nagca... just checking here too.

Comment

Check Motor mounts

I had the same problem with My 1995 CG with the I6. Both the motor mounts were broken. When the motor moved, the fan hit the shroud. It finally settled into a position where the fan could not turn. I hope by now you have found the cause.

Comment

Working...
        X