X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint

I was thinking of having my car repainted, I have many little paint chips, in the front, along the doors, etc. Was wondering where I could go to do this for the most economical price, etc. Any suggestions Jeepers?

Well you could try and find a local place that will let you do some of the work yourself. A friend of mine did all the sanding and taping himself on his car and it cost him next to nothing. Or get yourself a can of spray paint or 2 and have at it. Other wise I think a paint job costs as little as $500. Good Luck

Comment

Well if I was painting my car I would want a very good paint job on it. My jeep on the other had is not so. There are spots that have been touched up by rattle can.
      Now if you are painting your jeep, it depends on how much show quality you want. I have painted a jeep with a roller once. I have seen rattle can paint jobs that look nice. Brusied on here has his painted with herculiner(I think) and that looks very good. If you want fashion then you need to spend the money or learn how to body paint at your local night school. If you don't care about and just want to make sure those chips don't turn to rust, just get a can and go at it.

Comment

Speaking of paint, anyone know where the AMC paint codes can be found from the 70s? I am looking for Renegade Plum, the color of my dads old cj7 which he unfortunatly got rid of before i was around

Comment

Originally posted by Schulzy190
          Speaking of paint, anyone know where the AMC paint codes can be found from the 70s? I am looking for Renegade Plum, the color of my dads old cj7 which he unfortunatly got rid of before i was around
          What year? I have a couple of paint chips sheets around. Also I think you can still get cross referances at any good paint shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost-One
            I have painted a jeep with a roller once.
            After how much Rum did you do that? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by sbacon
              After how much Rum did you do that? LOL

None, I was 17 and didn't like the crappy orange paint color on my jeep, so I got some DeRusto paint and painted the entire jeep in one evening in our driveway. My father wouldn't help me paint it with a gun so I had to do it the hard way.
              It didn't look so bad considering, people thought I just didn't know what I was doing when I painted it. I never bragged about the painting it with a roller.

Comment

i think it was a 76 but i am not positive

Comment

The cop cars in my town are traditional black and whites. Being they are cop cars, and not personal cars, we [the town] uses a local Maaco for the paint. They come white on the state contract, I just get the black done, and then letter them myself.

I costs me $600 for a she-itty Maaco job, so expect to pay more thru a REPUTABLE body shop.

Comment

if you want to paint the whole jeep cheap your going to want to stay away from red's and other bright color or custom colors like metal fake ect . blacks and white are some of the cheapest colors

Comment

yes, but black is unforgiving when showing flaws in the paint job.

Comment

the paint is cheap in comparison with other colors. but it all about prep time and how many man hours you put in . that half the cost for a good paint job . all the prep time

Comment

absolutely!

Comment

Originally posted by Schulzy190
                            i think it was a 76 but i am not positive
                            YOu are right, it is not a 76, nor is it a 79. I looked in my FSM for those two years and they didn't have that color.

Comment

well..i was off a little bit, it was my dads '72 CJ-5 that was painted Renegade Plum...still hoping to find the code

Comment

Working...
                              X