Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie CJ owner

I don't even know where to start!
    I picked up a Jeep last month. I've always wanted a Jeep, but it just wasn't practical for me. I HAVE to have a truck. So, now I have a Jeep too. It's my FUN vehicle now. I baby the Dakota too much and can't bear to really play with it.
    SO. It's been sitting in a driveway for at least a year. Needs a new soft top for sure...has a 258 6cyl, 4spd, runs and drives. I've already replaced all the fluids because it's been sitting so long. Shocks, a tie rod end,and the steering stabilizer were replaced to keep it from making a hard right turn at 55mph...and I had the brake system gone through. Much better now! The paint is badly weathered (almost worn through on some of the hood). But the rust seems to be minimal. A spot on the rear panel behind the spare, and surface spots where the windshield has leaked, and in turn on some of the floorboards. Nothing rusted through like I've seen on other Jeeps I've looked at. Obviously a bit of a project.
    I've been reading all I can get my hands on about it, but am full of questions. This seems a good place to start.

Long post, sorry. I just have one question to start with: It's a Laredo package...can someone enlighten me on this? From all I can see it has a leather wrapped steering wheel and passenger O/S bar, a chrome grill, Laredo decals on the hood, body striping and a Laredo emblem on the glovebox door. Is there more to it than that?
    Thanks...and again, sorry about the long post
    -Joyce

I think it also includes tilt steering, power steering, power assist brakes, and a padded dash, but not positive. If yours does not have it, then I guess not.

Comment

Yes to all. I just figured it was all standard equipment.
      Now you REALLY know I'm a newbie.

Comment

Only reason I knew is a had an '80 CJ5 that was a Larado and that's what it had.
        I think it also includes a plastic rocker guard.

Comment

it should have different seat also, black with 2 silver stripes.

Comment

No rocker guard, but the seat color is right on. Gotta take a look at the driver's seat. It seems to lean a bit too far to the right. I dunno if it's broken, or has just worn that way. It darn near dumps me out of the seat on a left turn. Yes, the seatbelt keeps that from happening. I'll add that to my growing list of 'checks'.
            I appreciate all the info. Thanks!

Comment

Im pretty sure laredo also had a hard top standard. I know all laredo hard tops had tinted glass smoke I think and renegade had bronze glass or vise versa golden eagle had bronze glass

Comment

Working...
              X