X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shackles with 4wd 3.5" lift

I just bought the 4wd 3.5" lift for my 94 jeep. I noticed several other threads mentioned adding aftermarket Shackles with their lift. Is it recommended to replace the shackles when doing a lift, or will the old shackles work fine? Any opinions on this?

The stock shackles will be fine, as long as they are in good condition. The aftermarket shackles are beefier, and some have greasable bolts, so it's a desirable upgrade, but not necassary.

Comment

Randy is right!!!

Originally posted by Hill, Bill E
      The stock shackles will be fine, as long as they are in good condition. The aftermarket shackles are beefier, and some have greasable bolts, so it's a desirable upgrade, but not necassary.

I used stock shackles on my YJ but I went the extra and put the greasable bolt kit in, it helps with the ride and the way the new springs will work.
      Why the RIDE??? you ask?? Well with the bushings getting grease to them they work easier. Less binding!!!

Comment

When I installed my lift the rear of the spring was hitting on the frame rail every time a hit a bump. The solution was a set of Boomarang shackles with grease fittings.

Comment

My rear spings also hit after installing a 3.5" lift on my '94 Wrangler. Went to slightly longer shackles and the problem was solved.

Comment

Thanks for the replys. I think i will go ahead and replace the shackles while i have it apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikester View Post
              When I installed my lift the rear of the spring was hitting on the frame rail every time a hit a bump. The solution was a set of Boomarang shackles with grease fittings.
              Same thing here. Did the same and it works great.

Comment

Working...
              X