X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's see your playset / Swingset

Well, I spent 3 1/2 days last week building this for my daughter's 3rd b-day. I figured I'd show it off. Feel free to do the same with any that you've built.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...e/HPIM2039.jpg

Dimensions:

6' x 6' with playdeck at 5' high & roof starts at 10'. The swings are about 9 - 9 1/2' off the ground.

The playdeck area is big enough to set up my folding rocking chair & drink a pitcher or 2 of beer with my feet up on the railing.
    Last edited by EvilTwin v2; 08-24-2006, 10:21 AM.

Was that one of those kit that Home depot of Lowes sell. My wife has been on me to get one for the kid. Easy or hard to build? It looks really good. Good job your daughter will like it.

Comment

It is loosely based off of one that Lowes sells. I wasn't all that impressed with the lowes kit, though, so I designed my own. Total material cost was just about $800.

Comment

Thats not to bad at all. I also do not care for the kits. They just do seem to be what I want.

Comment

Looks great Evil! So whenever I have kids and plan on building my own you help me?

Comment

I wanted something a bit bigger than the standard kit & I wanted the ability to later wall it to be a "club-house" type deal for her later on. Basically, I'd like to keep it functional for as long as possible. Several parts of it were overkill, though. As it is, I can swing on it pretty darn high without it even twisting much. If you want, I can take some more detailed pictures so you can see how I did things.

Comment

Sams club sells a very nice kit made of red wood for just under 1000.00 I just put one up for my kidds and it's sweet. I'll get some pics. The club here in Pittsburgh had 27 in stock and the manager said he sold atleast 75 this year alone.

Here's the add pic anyway:
              http://graphics.samsclub.com/images/...1360061_L2.jpg
              Last edited by highlandercj-7; 08-24-2006, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Toralf
                Looks great Evil! So whenever I have kids and plan on building my own you help me?
                Tell you what, you fly me out & put me up for a couple days & I'll help you build it!

Comment

Originally posted by EvilTwin v2
                  Well, I spent 3 1/2 days last week building this for my daughter's 3rd b-day. I figured I'd show it off. Feel free to do the same with any that you've built.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...e/HPIM2039.jpg

Dimensions:

6' x 6' with playdeck at 5' high & roof starts at 10'. The swings are about 9 - 9 1/2' off the ground.

The playdeck area is big enough to set up my folding rocking chair & drink a pitcher or 2 of beer with my feet up on the railing.
                  Nice work Carey! Looks like it could double as a guest house when the in-laws come to visit.

Comment

other uses...

Originally posted by battallion14
                    Nice work Carey! Looks like it could double as a guest house when the in-laws come to visit.
                    Or a DOG house when you-know-who drinks too much Old 33.

Nice work, man.

Comment

Originally posted by blackwater
                      Or a DOG house when you-know-who drinks too much Old 33.

Nice work, man.
                      I drank wayyyy too much throughout the build. I spent the better part of last week either intoxicated or hung over.

Comment

I drank wayyyy too much throughout the build. I spent the better part of last week either intoxicated or hung over.
                        I should have called you Saturday night from the campsite.

Comment

I wanted something a bit bigger than the standard kit & I wanted the ability to later wall it to be a "club-house" type deal for her later on. Basically, I'd like to keep it functional for as long as possible. Several parts of it were overkill, though. As it is, I can swing on it pretty darn high without it even twisting much. If you want, I can take some more detailed pictures so you can see how I did things.
                          Thats a great Idea to wall it later. Never thought of that. If you can take some more pictures of it that would be cool. I am going to do something very close to what you did. Thanks in advance. Bob

Comment

i thaught i'd share with you guy's what i built for my kid (16 yr old) he wanted a room outside. my wife was asking for a couple years to build something like the huts in indonisia that we stayed in. i scaled it down, built off memory it took me 6 days. it looks more like the huts you see in fiji i just got back from a trip down there.my wife uses it at a get away from me and my son ha ha.http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...4/DSC00051.jpg
                            http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...4/DSC00050.jpg
                            http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...4/DSC00049.jpg
                            Last edited by 1tuffcj; 10-07-2006, 03:17 PM.

Comment

thats bnot fair you have palm trees in your back yard...all i have is an apple tree...ill tell you what u can come live in good ole PA and ill go livein HI...cool sounds like a deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X