Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peterbilt vs Hyundai so much for all my safety speeches...

So I finally get the tags for my Pete and head out of the truck stop into Mondday afternoon Dalls rush hour.

As I head up I 35E I am watching the glod Toyota in front of me. We go, stop, go, stop just like you normally would in ruch hour Dallas traffic.

Then I fell this litle bump.

Im wondering WTF!!

Im looking for something I ran over.

I see nothing and keep going, and bump again...

So this time I stop. ( of course we were going about 3 mph so stopping diddnt take much)

The gold Toy pulls forward and a little white Hyundai pulls out of the blind spot directly infront of my hood.

Im thinking "Oh that was what the bump was"

Sure enough they had cut me off at the very moment I wasnt looking directly ahead and got under my grille where I couldnt see them. I had been pushing them down the road.

No one was hurt nor was their bumper or mine. We laughed it off and I gave them 20 bucks for beer money and rubbing compound for the scuff on their bumper.

I probably7 shouldnt have. But most states say if you rear end someone you are at fault. Whether you could see them or not.

I got a quick education about the blind spots on the new truck.

That is hilarious! Of course only because nobody was hurt. I bet the driver of that little car was poopin in his/her britches.

Comment

Well I imagine they were LOL

When I stand in front of my truck the hood ornatment is over my head. Im 6'2" btw. So their back window was FULL of grille.

Comment

That is friggen great lmao
        your such a nob cheese, what kind of a dimwit dosent see someone pull in front of him, especially in his brand new rig, you funken wanka!!!
        LMAO

Comment

That's a great story!
          Funny as can be.
          Glad you didn't hurt anyone...

on the other hand, the nitwit from Fla-Mex trucking (bright yellow truck) that whipped over onto my tail (into a truck-restricted left lane) and proceeded to stay on my bumper in the Nashville vicinity during rush hour traffic should be taken aside and flogged.

I have to admit it is very uncomfortable having nothing but grill in your rearview...

Comment

LYKOS, that's a great story, I laughed out loud when I read it, know what you're talking about man. Just trying to imagine that little Hyundai driver down there when you pushed him forward
            20 bucks well spent for some fun ;o)

Comment

Originally posted by tomsjeep
              I have to admit it is very uncomfortable having nothing but grill in your rearview...
              Yeah, you're right Tom, even worse is only having a freaking huge bumper with tow hooks in your rearview ;o) had people complain about the 8x8 bumper filling their rearview

Comment

That will teach him to pull out infront of a moving wall!

Ya gotta respect the big truck if your driving a go-cart.

Comment

Originally posted by oros35
                  That will teach him to pull out infront of a moving wall!

Ya gotta respect the big truck if your driving a go-cart.
                  Wish people would learn that but you can teach one and thousand others keep doing stupid things on the road...

Comment

Well tghe thing is I let my attention lapse and diddnt see him get in there. My fayult entirely. So much for defensive driving. I was distracted by the new truck and all the new gauges and swithes and the fact I could not heart the engine running.

But all in all wasnt so bad. The Hyundai and I both got an education.

Now back on the safety kick.

I propose the death penalty for truckers in restricted lanes. Especially those who tailgate like you mentioned earlier. I fawking hate that!!!

As a trucker I have an easy time curing other trucks from tailgating.

it's called an engine brake. No brake lights. Someone will indeed buy me a ne trailer. Oh yes. Yes they will.

Comment

My father was a truck driver for 20 somethin' years before the bigger buisnesses ran him into the ground, anyway, in the early 90's I remember him goin' to court over an accident that occured, he was stopped at a red light, toyota celica pulls up the left turn only lane and tries to make a right in front of my father, the light turned green before they made it all the way around him and my father pushed the lil celica through the intersection, obviousy causing some damage. the people in the celica sued my father for $1,000,000!! they didn't even get hurt! they lost the case, thank god! but what the hell were they thinkin'?!

Comment

Working...
                      X