X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROAD KILL?

I don't know what it is, but ever sence I have bought my jeep I keep hitting birds. Well lets say they hit me. Ya not joking at all. I'm wondering if its the color or they just think the jeep is so cool that they want a closer look and then booom there dead.

Ok went to lunch one day and a buddy and me were heading back he is all leans my direction and yells $h!t then a thump. What the heck was that look in the mirror and a bird is rolling on the ground. just left a scuff but it rubbed right off.
    I don't get it I get dive bommed all the time. I've had birds hit me about 5 times now with in the last 7 months. I had a few close calls when I got it but then nothing for the longes time. and like I said the last 7 months have been crazy?

LOL Be happy you are not attracting Deer!! I got a Deer with my front end a year ago and destroyed it and rolled the Jeep. Right after I got the Jeep back from the shop I had another one run out in front of me but missed thats one thank goodness!!! :x I HATE DEER!!! :x

I have however found a bird or two in the grill of my Jeep. My sister found them in her grill when she had a Jeep. All I can think is Jeeps are not that aerodynamic and maybe they can go with the flow of air over the Jeep as good as they can a sports car.

Comment

I know I've taken out about 5 birds for sure and counting. I was stopped at a light and it just hit me. the guy in the truck next to me just busted up laughing and pointing I got out and it was dead must have broke it's little birdy neck. just buffed out the smudge and took off.

I used to have an old S-10 and I was doing about 90 on a back road and a I took out about 6 sparrows in one shot they just flew out but at 90 mph what could either of us do.

Comment

I hit one of those huge a$$ turkey buzzards (that's what we call them in OH) right on the upper right corner of my windshield and killed it. Didn't do a thing to the jeep!

Comment

old roomate was heading to work and took out a pheasent. even had some feathers stuck in the windsheild seal to prove it.

Comment

ive hit a handful (3 in one run) haulin a through a field, maybe jeeps just attract them or something, i think they just wanna get a closer look at some sweet rides. i still had one in my radiotor so i gave it to my yellow lab.

Comment

You might want to think twice about going topless or about a hard top : :P

I found this is that a plain is it supper man NO ITS A BIRD!!! I think this proves it!!

http://www.angelfire.com/ma2/Freddie/DSC00057.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by Mud Girl
                You might want to think twice about going topless or about a hard top : :P

I found this is that a plain is it supper man NO ITS A BIRD!!! I think this proves it!!

http://www.angelfire.com/ma2/Freddie/DSC00057.JPG
                see theres proof they dive bomb jeeps.

Comment

You know, in Tennessee it's totally legal to take home and eat any animal that you hit and kill with your car on the road.... Go hunting in Tennessee with just your jeep. :g

Comment

Originally posted by deadpedal
                    You know, in Tennessee it's totally legal to take home and eat any animal that you hit and kill with your car on the road.... Go hunting in Tennessee with just your jeep. :g
                    I am from Tenn. thanks. And have killed more animals with cars and trucks than with a gun. You don't want to know what things I have hit or ran over out there.

Comment

Originally posted by jdogg4
                      I am from Tenn. thanks. And have killed more animals with cars and trucks than with a gun. You don't want to know what things I have hit or ran over out there.
                      (Tongue in cheek here) My wife is from Tennessee, LOL she hates seeing the reaction people have to hearing how she is from the south. I guess they're half-expecting to see her with a corn-cob pipe or a chaw of tobacco in... I honestly think that the Nashville area is one of the most progressive that I'v eever been to. Most people are shocked that she has no southern accent, i.e. refuse to belive that she's really a southern belle.

Ironically, I have met more people that fit the stereotype of inbred, backwoods freak up here in Michigan. Beware! the mouth-breathers are out-breeding us!

Comment

Originally posted by jdogg4
                        (Tongue in cheek here) My wife is from Tennessee, LOL she hates seeing the reaction people have to hearing how she is from the south. I guess they're half-expecting to see her with a corn-cob pipe or a chaw of tobacco in... I honestly think that the Nashville area is one of the most progressive that I'v eever been to. Most people are shocked that she has no southern accent, i.e. refuse to belive that she's really a southern belle.

Ironically, I have met more people that fit the stereotype of inbred, backwoods freak up here in Michigan. Beware! the mouth-breathers are out-breeding us!
                        NOw to see some of the inbred freaks that think the war is still going you have to go to some of those smaller towns and then just find a dirt road. (like thats hard to do) and I'm sure you will find them. The south is very intresting. I moved to CO when I was young and my teachers couldn't understand me they all thought I had a speech impediment or something. I ended up having to take 3 years of speek therapy to get rid of my southern slang. know one would guess I'm from Tenn.

Comment

HALLELUJIAH AND PASS THE RATTLE-SNAKES!

Comment

HALLELUJIAH AND PASS THE RATTLE-SNAKES!
                            trutle soup snake chips thats where it's at.

Comment

I keep a hibachi and charcoal in the trunk.... for possum.

Comment

Working...
                              X