X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Break and enters/ Stolen Jeeps

I have been noticing people been having their jeeps broken into alot and stealing the stupidest things like the stock jack. I have been lucky so far. I only had a egg sandwich smeared into and words wrote into the dirt. I freak out over that, I don't know how you guys get through having your jeeps broken into so often.... I would be on a misson if my jeep got stolen....

Jeep stolen...Yes that would suck. And I would be on a mission to find it.

Now having it broke into or things taken. It's to be expected. If it's not bolted and welded in, don't get too attached. Do your best to keep things out of site. Don't make it easy. And try to park in a well lit, well seen area when ever possible.

You have to think like a theif to prevent one.

I've still had stupid things taken like my work ID badge and stereo faceplate (without the stereo!)

Comment

egg sandwitch???

mine got egged twice in the last month! First one hit in a good spot to: inside drivers windshield,down the heater vent,behind the crash pad and on down the dash to the floor!
      Second time hit the rear tail gate! Mines so dirty and beat up I thought why would you waste a perfectly good egg on this!

Comment

You just need a subtle deterrent, like this sticker:
        http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g7...otinmyjeep.jpg

Comment

^^ agreed. I just like the NRA sticker. Another popular one around here is the sticker that says "Thieves will be shot, survivors will be shot again" or "If you run you only die tired"

Comment

Originally posted by werem00se
            You just need a subtle deterrent, like this sticker:
            http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g7...otinmyjeep.jpg
            Maybe you should have your sticker-maker use a spell-checker.

hehe

I've been lucky so far, but then my Jeep spends most of it's life in secure parking lots or in the garage if I'm not in it.
            Last edited by tomsjeep; 09-27-2006, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tomsjeep
              Maybe you should have your sticker-maker use a spell-checker.

hehe

I've been lucky so far, but then my Jeep spends most of it's life in secure parking lots or in the garage if I'm not in it.
              I was waiting for BoP er...Random Task to point that out...

Comment

yeah it sucks to get ripped off. somebody tried to get the radio out of my CJ5. he probably got scared off since it was in sight of the county sheriff's office. i thought it might be safe there. think again. the local cops told me if i had my soft top on, they wouldn't have been able to get in. i wonder if he even knew what a Jeep was. since then i never take the CJ to the mall or anyplace that i can't see it while i'm there. usually take the wife's Liberty to those places. you just have to watch where you go and like they say, if you don't want to lose it, don't leave it in the Jeep.

Comment

you could always just put this on the bumper:
                  http://www.stickergiant.com/Merchant...b5256_450.jpeg
                  or this one:
                  http://www.stickergiant.com/Merchant...ad624_450.jpeg

Comment

My comprehensive antitheft system includes not living in the hood, not working in the hood, and not parking in the hood. So far so good.

Comment

I live in the sticks and had a 6ft craftsman tool box grow legs and walk out of my shop. Which reallys creases me- and another question why would a thief steal tools to wrench on his broken toys? wouldnt it be eaiser just to steal new toys and leave my tools alone????
                      all theives should be torched and burned

Comment

how about a sticker that reads "NOTHING HERE WORTH DYING FOR". i think what fries me more than getting ripped off is when they can't get what they want and they destroy it so you can't use it. these people just don't get it. they have no brains, no morals, and no common sense or decency. we should start doing like they do in the middle east and chop off some arms for stealing. maybe let them start their own country so they can ripoff each other. anybody tries to rip me off better be able to outrun buckshot. i don't have much, but what i have i worked for and i'll be damned if some lowlife is going to get anything of mine without a fight.

Comment

http://users.nitro7.com/angelslayer/...ulletproof.jpg

Comment

Well I have an XJ. It was broken into at the commuter train station I park at, to go to work. When it was broken into, all that was stolen was the change out of my cup holder. The moron had to move about $200 dollars in tools I had sitting on the seat to get at the change. Then the inside of the jeep was ransacked. When I found that the person jammed a screw driver into the passenger side lock and broke it to get in that really frosted my cookies. Because I leave the damn thing open so the stupid MOTHER F%&$@# will not have to break anything! If you are going to risk getting caught, why not make for more than a dollar forty two in nickels, dimes and quarters.

Comment

my jeep got broken into in my school parking lot, i'm sure it wasnt' hard i had the top and doors off but all they stole was the stereo face plate, what are thy gonna do with that?? and they tried to steal my radar detector but couldn't get the plug unpluged..

Comment

Working...
                              X