X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To STOP A THEIF

Purchase a 12V fence charger and either run it to the entire vehicle or rig hot wires under the stereo. I did this first in a new '76 GMC sprint and later in an '86 CJ. Shocked the h--- out of everyone. Place it behind the seat upside down. Look for the indicator light to know when to touch it(keys,turn off, etc.) Lived in Laredo and felt like I supplied half the town with radios before, lost none after.

The only problem is, that as effective as this might be, you are opening the door to have yourself sued and found liable for injuries sustained to anyone hurt by your vehicle (assuming Texas has similar laws to what we have). Also, what if a child or someones pet inadvertantly comes into contact with the vehicle (if its hooked to the entire Jeep) while in the vicinity? Its a good approach but its kind of careless given the "what ifs" that could take place. Now, a 200 lb great dane or German wolf hound with a hungry look in its eye sleeping in the passenger seat...thats an effective weapon!

Comment

Fence charger usually does not carry enough voltage to kill anything, just make you not do it again. Fence chargers also pulsate, giving time to let go of it, if it does paralyze.

I like both ideas a lot, dog is a little more maintenance though, and he might scare off the ladies too.

I prefer an NRA sticker in the corner of the windsheild, POW/MIA on the bumper and WINCHESTER somewhere else. NRA lets em know your packin on yourself, POW/MIA tells them you might have been to 'nam and know some very scary things to do to petty thieves, and WINCHESTER tells them you have a long gun, which can reach them while they are running away like little girls!!!!

CAT sticker might do a little good too. If they know what I mean. At any given moment, I could take a D7R through their house and over their rice burner if I wanted to.

Comment

yea!!!!

fence idea is great dog well maybe and as for the court cases this was TEXAS use the winchester and drag them in your house after thier dead you'll be fine

Comment

I live in Texas,a private property state,a free republic, where we still hang horse thieves,where fence cutters are suspect,trespassers are criminals,where we legally carry and own guns(including handguns), and can protect our own property. I also own a fast food dive, 5000 acre ranch, have two teenage drivers of cars and a boat, and a home. I live with liability every day. So do you. I don't let the possibility of a lawsuit dictate my life. I work hard for what I have and don't mind doing what is necessary to protect it. As was stated, a fence charger gives a healthy pulse. The surprise factor is as bad as the shock. It won't kill you but it is uncomfortable. Most people don't get hit twice; once is enough. Besides, I love my CJ.

Comment

Your right, theres no way anyone could get hurt by a fencer. Although ive seen some guys hold on to the damn wire for 20 seconds and it doenst even phase them.

All i know is the one time i was hit by one i jumped about 6 feet straight up in the air, it really got me awake and heart pumping but no way it could hurt u.

If i had a radio or anything worth something in my jeep i would go install one right now, might even turn up the voltage!!

I really dont see how some kid or animal could be under your dash feeling around at wires by accident.

Comment

Kingchip...I like what your saying...I live on Cali, and ever since 9-11, or maybe befroe, I had had it with all this PC crap...ESL...english is the first language..not second.., .but I digress...I will do anything I can to protect my private, and personal property....I don't own a gun, but I've got a dog, and a hella big club....don't touch my ****....!

Comment

Originally posted by Jodean
                Your right, theres no way anyone could get hurt by a fencer. Although ive seen some guys hold on to the damn wire for 20 seconds and it doenst even phase them.

I really dont see how some kid or animal could be under your dash feeling around at wires by accident.

First off, it charges the whole vehicle NOT just the radio. If its metal its charged.

Secondly, As I recall all electric fences must be marked every somany feet for saftey reasons.

Finaly, has anyone ever heard of a medical device called a PACEMAKER ?!?!?!?!
                PACEMAKERS are HIGHLY sensitive to electric current and even electric fields. (hence warnings on this as safe as microwave ovens. An electric fence is a deathwish for heart stimulant patients. This also goes for anyone with an electric medical device, such as an insulin pump, etc.

If anyone with a pacemaker or heart murmer, arythmia (severe or mild) or any other heart condition (known or otherwise) YOU WILL KILL THEM!!!

This is not speculation but pure fact.

If you want to get sued for razorblades on the back of your radio by some crook (yes its been to court before) or any other boobytrap devices specificaly on the radio, thats fine.

Just remember that nobodys perfect and your gonna kill somebodys parents or grandparents when the accidentaly bump your jeep while carying a bag full of grocerys, or their car door touches your nerf bar, or they place a hand on your jeep cause the're struggling with their walker in the back seat.

Electricity does not forgive. it hits any target in its path.

Heres some facts before you accientaly kill someones loved one with your "safe electrial deterent"

http://www.pacemakerclub.com/modules...e&parent_id=12

Comment

Oh, PLEASE...

Originally posted by Ueland
                  First off, it charges the whole vehicle NOT just the radio. If its metal its charged.

Secondly, As I recall all electric fences must be marked every somany feet for saftey reasons.

Finaly, has anyone ever heard of a medical device called a PACEMAKER ?!?!?!?!
                  PACEMAKERS are HIGHLY sensitive to electric current and even electric fields. (hence warnings on this as safe as microwave ovens. An electric fence is a deathwish for heart stimulant patients. This also goes for anyone with an electric medical device, such as an insulin pump, etc., etc., etc...
                  THIS coming from a guy driving the MOST ILLEGAL Jeep in Virginia...
                  Just kiddin', Ueland. Your points are all valid.

Comment

Sp heres the scenerio, A 50ish guy witha pace maker is stealing your stereo. Your system stops his pacemaker and he dies. Now your in a Texas prison learning spanish from behind by some guy named Raul. Not my idea of a funway to spend the next 30 years.
                    But hey go ahead with that charger thingy...
                    Sounds like a great idea...

Comment

It seems as if logic and cooler heads have prevailed here....defending ones property is needed...to a common sense end...

Comment

ok.. so nobody gives a **** about a car alarm going off in a parkinglot.. people just ignore the sirens....

So here's an idea... instead of a siren, use a recording... preferably a shotgun racking and then being fired.

...at minimum someone will call the police for shots fired

...and you may even make someone piss themselves at 3am.

Comment

That's where this "modern law" has gone wrong, the criminals have all of the rights, and the law-abiding citizens must defend themselves in court for protecting their property. I was told that I couldn't install an electric fence around my business (after the fourth break-in in a year) because that was intent to harm, and that's illegal. I asked the officer what breaking into my shop and stealing from me and my family was, if it wasn't intent to harm! I've decided that next time I get broken into I'm gonna buy a pygmy goat, that's right, a pygmy goat! once I have this goat, I can legally install an 8 foot high electric fence around my business, and top it with barbed wire, not to keep the criminals out, but to keep the goat in! Perfectly legal, and it will hurt the criminals that are hurting me! If I'm not here, there's nobody that has any legitimate business on my property, so when they get shocked (pacemaker or not) they deserve what they get. I've worked hard for my stuff, and I'm not gonna give it up without a fight! That's why there's so many criminals nowadays, they know that the law is on their side, and the citizens are afraid to do anything about it! I could go on for hours about this, but I'd just P1$$ off some liberal bleeding heart, and be labeled a radical right wing nut job! Do the electric fence to the Jeep, put up a sign that says KEEP AWAY and let natural selection occur. It's your vehicle, defend it with everything you got, or it may belong to some lowlife who didn't earn it. Next time it may not be just a radio they steal!

Comment

Like i said, if i had somethign worth taking, i would install it right now.

And if it were ok to shoot at the guy running down the road with my stereo i would do that too.

Comment

better yet, sell your home and all worldly posessions.
                              Keep what clothes you have on your back, and one set to change.
                              With the money from the sale of your home, purchase one of those small camper porto-john's and a 357 magnum;

And then move into yur jeep.
                              You'll eat, sleep and she-it in the jeep. Short of work, you can be in the jeep most of the time and be able to confront any would be thieves......

moving this to ....
                              Last edited by Jeepkreep; 09-12-2005, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X