X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice!!!

looking good motorhead looking real good.

Comment

?

Did you remember the valve cover gaskets?

Looks nice, Motorhead.

Comment

Originally posted by blackwater
        Did you remember the valve cover gaskets?
        Yup! Thanks for the reminder though. lol

I have the motor back in the jeep. Still need to hook everything up. Going to get exhaust done tomarrow. Can't wait to try it out.

Comment

I have the same hedders. Look at the center of the collector where the pipes go into it. Make sure all the pipes are fully welded. Mine were not and I had a large exhaust leak on the driver side. One tube was just tack welded.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. Mine appear to be fully welded. Does look like a great place for dirt to collect though. I really wish I bought the coated headers. Mine are just POR 20.

Comment

Everything is all hooked back up accept the hei. Still waiting on parts from Summit, should be here tomarrow. Had the exhaust hooked up yesturday, they did a nice job but the pipe wasn't aluminized like I thought it was gonna be.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...37_69_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...37_70_full.jpg
              You don't realize how dirty or rusty things are until you put something shinny and clean next to it. Can't wait to make it all dirty again!
              Last edited by MotorHead; 08-09-2006, 07:11 PM.

Comment

shiney shiney

Lookin' good motorhead!! Ain't it fun doin' all that wrenchin' and cleaning, just to get it dirty again? I got my '80 all back together and fired it up today! But the float was stuck of course its that stupid carter BBD So I picked up a carb kit tonite, along with some dex II for the T-4, I put 80-90w in it when I tore down, gotta fix that. Anyway it looks like I'll get it muddy this weekend!! Minus the winch and both bumpers, but hey, you don't need those right away right? Good luck w/the hei. I'll hopefully have more pics posted by this weekend!

Comment

Just got it fired up! Some how I had the distributer 180 off. Its a little louder than I would like but it sounds good. I also burnt one of my new moroso plug wires on the header so I need to deal with that. The POR 20 I put on the headers is already flaking , so don't waste your money on that crap! Should have just bought the coated headers, but I was poor back then. lol

Comment

flakey

bummer i had that happen to me once, painted the headers all pretty like. fired her up and with in one minute all he!! broke loose, smoke everywhere. on this build i'm deffently going with thermal and ceramic coating. when you say loud how loud, car alarm loud. what kind of muffler did you run. i like em loud, nothing like a v 8 with headers. except well you know !!!!

Comment

Its not real loud, as it turns out I like the sound. When I first started it the jeep was between my truck and boat, so it sounded louder. I don't remember what mufflers are on there, but they are a flow through design. The pipe is 2 1/4" all the way back. Along with the new cam it sounds like a 70s muscle car!

Comment

Sounds good motorhead. I just gave mine the first run today, about 150 miles round trip, to the cabin and back. now I fid out I need a water pump and a lower balljoint And the speedo is way off, so I just used my GPS. 45 on the speedo is 65mph on the hi-way, so that'll work. The rebuilt carb works great, did that little tube cleanout I saw on a link for the 258 w/carter bbd. Those babies were plugged!! Now she idles great and runs great! I didn't get it muddy yet, but I will...I will...

Comment

Nice. My speedo reads 75 MPH when my GPS says 55! Tach reads 3700 RPM I keep reaching for a fith gear.

Comment

sweet...

Looks nice tucked in its nest again doesn't it? I bet it sounds fantastic. Motorhead, what is that well pump pressure switch doing under there? Is that part of on board air?

Comment

Originally posted by blackwater
                              Motorhead, what is that well pump pressure switch doing under there? Is that part of on board air?
                              Yes it for my On-board Air. Its actually a compressor regulator. Turns the York on @ 80 psi and off @ 120 psi.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...37_71_full.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by MotorHead
                                Yes it for my On-board Air. Its actually a compressor regulator. Turns the York on @ 80 psi and off @ 120 psi.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...37_71_full.jpg
                                Good thinking!

Comment

Working...
                                X