X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powered Sub

Hi everyone. Well I got my new sound system for my Jeep and I already installed everything except for the two speakers in the front because I am waiting for the 5.25" brackets. I have been thinking alot about getting a sub but as many already know, Jeeps don't got much space and well I don't wanna use up more space than what is needed. So I have been looking at a few powered subs. I'm kinda liking the infinity basslink. I want to buy a 10" sub. So does anybody outthere know of any other powered sub that will sound good and not take up too much space? Please help I want to buy one as soon as possible but I want to choose the right one. Thanks

i have a kenwood amplified sub in my truck, it is small, fits under the seat. i think it sounds and works great, it wont blow your windows out from the bass, but it will fill in what you are lacking in bass nicely IMO.

this is the model i am talking about:

Kenwood 6-1/2" 150-Watt Powered Enclosed Subwoofer
    Model: KSC-SW1

hope this helps in your quest.

Comment

I actually have that kenwood powered sub in my jeep, it fits under the back seat which is pretty cool but it won't add pounding bass but it does make for a nice system.

Comment

i have the same kenwood model in my jeep it fits perfect under the rear seat or just in the well right behind the center console and it has a wired remote with adjustable frequency and power. otherwise clarion has a model similar that i have seen. a 10" sub is a bit big for a jeep, mine rattles and groans enough as is i would hate to have a big sub helping the cause.

Comment

I just got myself the same model, basically just to fill out
          the bass, and for space considerations.

Comment

I put in a tuffy sub console, a quality 8" sub and sealed the inside up with a bit of plywood work. It actually sounds very good and is fairly secure. Then I put a small amp to power the system under the drivers seat. This was the best setup for me, as I often times run without the backseat and need the cargo space. Also, after I did the plywood work, the sound quality was greatly improved and it provides more than enough bass for me.

Comment

RE: Powered Sub

Force-Go to my website. Look under projects/Rear Amp Rack and that will wolve your space problem.

Comment

I have a jl w3 sub in a power wedge box it takes up all the space behind my seat but it sounds pretty damn good.

Comment

Working...
                X