X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 110 wire feed welder

I stopped by the welding supply shop and was checking out the Millermatic 135 the shop has it on sale. I have been think of picking one up but I have just been putting it off. :x

Any one own a 110 wire feed welder and do you like it?

I have a Century 140 amp 110 welder and I have built car trailers and all kind of things with it I have never had a call for anything bigger and I fab alot of stuff. Unless you plan on welding steel over 1/4 inch a 110 as long as its 135 amp or bigger will work just fine!!!

Comment

I have used the millermatic some, but mainly used a Sun collision systems MIG welder. I loved using them... But if you are going to do some body panel repair with it... be real careful about the settings or else you will burn off more metal that you put on. Great for doing light jobs, but I kinda prefer stick welding anyway.

Comment

I have the lincoln one, I did all the rust repair on my CJ7 with it, worked great. It is true that you run a good chance of burning through on the thin stuff, but if your good, no worries, just tack and skip around to avoid warpage

Comment

So are you running flex core wire or just gas mix. I currently have a Miller bobcat portable welder (very loud in the shop), that I tig or stick weld all my parts with, but welding with a MIG welder would save so much time. I was a welder for about 8 years before I took up a desk job so I think I still know my way around the shop.

Comment

I run the flux core wire, I think it's somewhere between 3 to 8 dolars per roll, not bad. You can even hook up some argon gas to it to weld aluminum. I haven't had any problems with it so far. I paid around 300 for it about a year and 1/2 ago.

Comment

I was runnign straight gas mix... I used the MIG on and off but I primarily used an old lincoln welder. Probably would be too good to try to use that and a 6013 on a body panel. LOL. Best thing about the stick over the MIG was not losing the flux when a breeze was around.

Comment

There is a wire feed at work. We just use the gas and dip the nozel in flux once in a while to keep it cleen. Its great in the shop but not so good outside if theres a breeze. I like it way better than changing sticks all the time. I used it to repair my body wich after 50 years was full of holes. I dont know about the newer bodys tho

Comment

Working...
                X