X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Lo beam flood lights?

OK I just installed a new headache rack on my big truck.

I need to install some flood/work lights.

I'd like to install a housing that is big enough to accommodate a headlight bulb with a angel ring.

What that means is there are two holes to hold 194 bulbs in the back of the headlight. When you turn them on the outer rim of the headlight glows in whatever color you put in.

This would look uber cool on the back of my Pete. I like bling bling on the Pete.

Also it would give me the option of a hi lo beam flood light. Great for those pesky tailgators.

Im wondering in the el cheapo off road lights are big enough to accommodate the bulbs. I had to trim my headlight buckets to fit the ones on the front.

I could buy a set of aftermarket headlight housing but dont want to spend 200 bucks.

Interesting idea...

Here is a website showing how to make BMW-style Angel-Eyes, looks straight-forward enough. http://www.geocities.com/crx_auto/eagle_eyes.htm

I think I have an idea of what you want to do. If you drill your own holes, you can put about any bulb into a KC type housing, and should be able to fit in a ring. I would think drilling the housing to fit a H4 bulb and wire your own harness and switch...there ya go.

Send Poppy your test set to replace the mirrors!

Comment

Working...
    X