X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so lets review my year.... :(

OK my year started off with breaking my nose and getting 10 stitches. Then not being able to breathe out of my nose. loosing my job and being forced to work part time jobs until i find a decent full time. Having my nose broken again, pieces of bone and cartilage taken out so i can "breathe better." I still cant breathe!!!!! Then My Jeep caught on fire... Things were pretty good for alittle while. Now today i find out i have Shingles (Sp?) on top of the right side of my head... Just seems that life is trying to break me down this year. I'm usually a pretty cheerful guy but this sucks!!!! this sucks REAL BAD!!! I even handled having my nose broken for the second time better. As of right now i have them in my ear and right to the side of my eye. If anyone knows about these they can cause serious damage. If they get on your ear drum they can cause loss of hearing and since its a virus that is spread thru your nerves it can attack the optical nerve and cause blindness. ughhhhhhh I'm going to bed! I'M ITCHY!!!!!!!! Sorry i just needed to vent and my G/f isnt here....lol....sorry this was so long.

i feel like life is giving me a....

It will get better. It always does.

Comment

I hear what you are saying.....Life does tend to suck at times .Just like this past Saturday .A good friend of mine and I were putting in my T/C Drop in my Jeep.First the Bolts that hold the skid pan stripped Then we find out that they sold me the wrong T/C Drop and they did not have the one I needed. So I called the wife's cell At her work (she is a nurse ) to let her know how things were / were not going and got her voice mail .Later that night after we got my Jeep back together and I got home .The wife and I were talking and here when I called her cell she was in the middle of a "code" (AKA) she had a person going down the tubes real fast.And I thought Boy here I am bi*ching about my Jeep and this person is about to "check out" Bet they would trade places with me in a hart beat. So even when thing seem Bad look for the good in them it can alway get worse ....Best of luck with things

Comment

Went through the shingle thing in spring. Still can be painfull at tines, had it between my legs and on my right behind. Get to the doctor as soon as possible. The stuff always hits when you're down in the dumps.
        Last edited by redtail; 10-15-2007, 05:33 PM.

Comment

perspective...

Hang in there, Steve. The shingles hurt like an S.O.B., but believe me when I say things can get worse.

Comment

Hopefully things will get better for you soon.
            Shingles is the kind of thing I would only wish on my ex-wife.

Maybe you shouldn't go outside if there's any chance of lightning...?

Comment

Originally posted by tomsjeep
              Hopefully things will get better for you soon.
              Shingles is the kind of thing I would only wish on my ex-wife.

Maybe you shouldn't go outside if there's any chance of lightning...?

thanks guys...i especially like toms advise! I just slept for like 11 hours and am feeling better mentally. My head hurts like a....bleepin bleep bleep!!! Things could always get worse. i really hope this doesn't spread to my ear drum! Its scary to have it on my head since well its close to some things that i need...ears eyes!!! I know that work isnt going to give me any breaks which do don't expect them to since they are a bunch of poo heads!! CANT WAIT FOR A HUGE HEAD ACHE!!!!!!!!! oh yea i have an eye docs apt today too... this should be fun!

at least my birthday is in 15 days!!!!!!! send presents!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sreno0207
                at least my birthday is in 15 days!!!!!!! send presents!!!!!!!
                I'm thinkin' you've already been the recipient of one too many "presents" already.

If you're really lucky, no low-orbiting satellites will decide to decay their orbit in the next 2 weeks - cause if they did, I'm sure they'd pay you a personal visit!

Comment

what exactly is shingles, i hear of people having it all the time but ive never actually knew what it was

Comment

from a site i found....

-- Shingles
                    Shingles (herpes zoster) is an illness caused by a reactivation of the chicken pox virus (varicella). When a person gets chicken pox, the virus remains in the body. Though the symptoms disappear, varicella lies dormant in the roots of the sensory nerves.

Normally, the body‚*ôs immune system keeps the dormant chicken pox virus in check. But with advancing age, the immune system weakens. The virus can reactivate and multiply, damaging the sensory nerve cells. Patients may experience extreme sensitivity or pain, itching or burning * usually on one side of the body or face. In some cases, the pain may be misdiagnosed as a heart attack, pleurisy, appendicitis or migraine. Patients may also experience fever and tiredness or weakness.

About 4 or 5 days later, clusters of blister-like lesions break out in the same area as the pain. The blisters fill with pus and crust over in 7 to 10 days. The scabs fall off 2 to 3 weeks later. In some cases, the lesions may leave scars.

About 20 percent of Americans develop shingles. According to the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, more than one million cases will develop this year. The condition is most common in people over 50. Although shingles can‚*ôt be spread from person to person, it can cause chicken pox in those who never had the infection or the vaccine.

Comment

Mine hit at 51 years old. Was stressed at work and with jeep thingy. Was Still recovering from surgery last fall. I wasn't gonna go here but it went after my Homey. Still is raw feeling. Put an end to my sex life. Sorry I worked through mine, Co- workers backed me up on bad day's. It pays to respect the people you work with. Get tuff and hang in there dude.

Comment

-- Shingles
                        Shingles (herpes zoster) is an illness caused by a reactivation of the chicken pox virus (varicella). When a person gets chicken pox, the virus remains in the body. Though the symptoms disappear, varicella lies dormant in the roots of the sensory nerves.

Normally, the body‚*ôs immune system keeps the dormant chicken pox virus in check. But with advancing age, the immune system weakens. The virus can reactivate and multiply, damaging the sensory nerve cells. Patients may experience extreme sensitivity or pain, itching or burning * usually on one side of the body or face. In some cases, the pain may be misdiagnosed as a heart attack, pleurisy, appendicitis or migraine. Patients may also experience fever and tiredness or weakness.

About 4 or 5 days later, clusters of blister-like lesions break out in the same area as the pain. The blisters fill with pus and crust over in 7 to 10 days. The scabs fall off 2 to 3 weeks later. In some cases, the lesions may leave scars.

About 20 percent of Americans develop shingles. According to the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, more than one million cases will develop this year. The condition is most common in people over 50. Although shingles can‚*ôt be spread from person to person, it can cause chicken pox in those who never had the infection or the vaccine.

Damn, you guys make it sound bad. When I first heard you had shingles on your head I thought "Great, here's a guy that doesn't need a hat to keep his head dry". Now I relent....Hope you feel better real soon!

Comment

Wow, I hope you feel better soon. I had chicken pox when I was 18 years old, and I had them bad. So I will probably get shingles eventually, too. But knowing that so many people here care about you, should help keep your spirits up. Take care of yourself, ya hear?

Comment

A BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE!!!!! you guys....and gals...are the greatest! i really need to get out and meet some of you people! Hopefull next summer my Jeep will be alittle bigger and stronger and ill come wheelin! I'm feelin aittl better today work really didnt help Just pissed me off all night! Dumb lazy people! If im there feeling like this and keeping my mouth shut doingmy job like i do every night then what gives someone else the right to B**CH to me about the place!!?!?!?! AHHHHHHHH he made me soooooooooooooooo mad!!!! ok...Keep stress free.......grrrr....................... I'm going for a ride in my Jeep.............

Comment

I'm going for a ride in my Jeep.............
                              Sometimes that's the best medicine you can take!
                              Also venting on here, or getting some from your significant other.

Comment

Working...
                              X