X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flat Towing

So here's my question can i flat tow my jeep to geogia from florida behind my 07 honda oddessy?Is this just plain stupid ,or can it be done?

I would say that you should not do it. The tow rating for the Honda Odyssey is only 2000 pounds regardless of what kind of hitch you have and even it it were higher I wouldn't try to tow much with a front wheel drive vehicle. And, I guess the Odyssey weighs too much for you to tow it with your Jeep too.

Comment

Apparently there are models with a 3,500 pound towing package and that might be high enough - but there have been so many transmission problems with the Odyssey that I would look for another alternative anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by tomz
        Apparently there are models with a 3,500 pound towing package and that might be high enough - but there have been so many transmission problems with the Odyssey that I would look for another alternative anyway.
        Thanks guys it does have a 3,500 pound tow limit but i guess your right about the front wheel drive part.I'll have to drive it up just follow the wife.

Comment

No, the Odyssey is not up to towing (flat or on a trailer) a Jeep.

I flat towed my TJ behind my Trailblazer (5000 lb rating) and it was barely up to the task.

Comment

Thats not all that far. I'd just drive it. Minivan trannies are too expensive to replace...and Jeeps were built to be driven.

Comment

Just get some hand helds or use this as an excuse to get that cb in the Jeep. Then you can talk trash to each other the entire way over the radio. That's what we do when flying. I love talking trash to the other helo's!!!

Comment

Working...
              X