X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movin to NC, who's out there???

Hey all, just found out I'm goin to NC in June!!! quick turnaround but I'm pretty excited to get back and see all the things I've missed! So whats for fun to do around there? Any good shops if I need the Rubi to get some work done on her??? Appreciate any help you can give
    Last edited by Jigsaw-Rubi07; 03-20-2008, 11:19 AM.

I take it you'll be at Ft. Bragg?

Comment

yep, that'd be it

Comment

How far is that from Raleigh? I've got a few friends that live in that area.

Comment

Congrats! Hope to see ya on the trail somewhere. As for shops, good luck. You are better off making friends with folks who know what they are doing and renting a bay at the base.

Comment

Couple of guys on militaryjeepers.com are stationed there. One guy is with a SF commo unit. Goes by 5Crazy on that forum. Has a CJ5 and TJ and literally bleeds Jeep.

Comment

Thanks for the all info guys, there's no shops even in a nearby state??? Not a big deal really, we do the same thing over here, make some good friends who actually know what their doin and we help each other. Thanks for the military jeeepers site, I'll check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by Jigsaw-Rubi07 View Post
                Thanks for the all info guys, there's no shops even in a nearby state??? Not a big deal really, we do the same thing over here, make some good friends who actually know what their doin and we help each other. Thanks for the military jeeepers site, I'll check it out!

There are plenty of shops, just none that I can recommend to you.

Comment

Originally posted by battallion14 View Post
                  There are plenty of shops, just none that I can recommend to you.
                  Agreed. There are, indeed, many shops in NC. Some seem to have a good reputation, and a bunch don't. I, personally, have had experience with one local shop and I can't give you any advice on any of the others. BTW, that one shop I have experience with is now closed. Check out nc4x4.com and see what shops are around your area and get a feel for the work they do.

Comment

congrats on the move man =]

yea x3 on the shops. ive done all the work on mine myself, or with gearheads my dad works with.

gotta love the terrain of NC, but theres too many shoddy shops where i live i wouldnt trust with even a leash :/

hope you'll feel right at home man

Comment

I'm at Ft Bragg. My shop isn't that reliable either. I'm on my second engine in two years, so don't bring it by my place!!!

Let me know when you get in town. I've been at Bragg most of my 16 years in the Army, so I can help you get around if need be.

Comment

Was doin some research on shops and anyone know or had experience w/4WD Parts in Raleigh or Charlotte? Prefer Raleigh since it'll be closer to me, but just wanted to see if anyone has any personal experience w/these shops. Thanks

Comment

Thanks man, look forward to meetin you, thats a long time to be at 1 post.... I'm assuming that means you like it there??? haha

Comment

The Raleigh 4WP store is still pretty new. However, I don't know anything about the mechanics at either store. If you happen to deal with the Charlotte store, deal with Kyle. And tell him Matt at Store #50 sent ya.

Comment

Love the place. I don't ever want to leave...except with my DD215!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X