X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's in a Name?

Just wondering how everyone came up with their Log-In name?

NOCHEEPGAS was;
    A statement about gas prices. I spelled cheap (CHEEP) to mimick the spelling of "JEEP" and I also work for a natural gas distribution company.

Also wanted a unique name so I didn't have to try a bunch of different names before landing on one.

What's in your name?

My first plates for my jeeps were: Jeeptec, Jeeptec2
    then when I built my YJ it was RCK CRZY, then I rescued a Hummer in the snow, so along came HMR-RSQ and its stuck.

Comment

sreno = Steve Reno. 0207 i could come up with soemthing cool but in the end its just numbers

Comment

tomsjeep = "my" first Jeep was a motor pool signout, a Ford-built military jeep with no seat belts, no roll bars, and no doors. And it would snap your neck back if you popped the clutch.
        This subject was a thread a long time ago, so I don't know it was pre-crash or not.

Comment

Nothing special about mine, it's kind of self-explanatory. We have a 96 Cherokee and I just flipped it around. The name that is, not the Jeep! LOL

Comment

YZF= my best toy (PIC TO LEFT) Yamaha YZ426F dirtbike
            +
            Russ= Me

Comment

Yea, I said this in the other thread but.....

Renegade = my dad's '81 CJ-7 Renegade (which will one day be mine)

Stang = my '66 Mustang

Comment

Was a Falconer for many years and hunted rabbits . The Redtailed hawk was the bird I flew.

Comment

muddeprived <== no explaination required

Comment

Originally posted by redtail View Post
                    Was a Falconer for many years and hunted rabbits . The Redtailed hawk was the bird I flew.
                    We know how you got the name Redtail

Just kidding ....just kidding ....BuckeyeJeeper = worthless nut in a jeep . ......( ohiojeeper )

tj magoo ?......tell us Kelly

Blackwater ?.....did you attend the school ? I thought you were a figure skater?....lol

Comment

[QUOTE=BUCKEYEJEEPER;264197]We know how you got the name Redtail
                      .....................Quote.

LOL
                      BIG BUCKEYE BOY.

Comment

Originally posted by BUCKEYEJEEPER View Post
                        ...Blackwater ?.....did you attend the school ? I thought you were a figure skater?....lol
                        Buckeye, I used that figure skater line on a nurse at the spinal clinic when she asked me what I did for a living. I didn't crack a smile, but she took one look at my beer shed and laughed her cute little rump off.

Red, that hunting with a red tail is cool stuff, man. I had a very up close and personal experience with a red tail hawk once. I will never forget that magnificent creature.

Blackwater comes from a river near me. It's one of those places that leaves you with the impression that God took a little extra care when He was designing and building.

Comment

Gryphon has been my alter-ego for years and years. He was a role-play charicter I developed back in the late 80's (Think D&D stuff...I don't play anymore, too much mundane real life has dulled the creativity). I've always liked mythology and the Griffin, but didn't like the spelling, so I altered it.
                          Used the name for so dang long now, I couldn't come up with a new one if I had to!
                          http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/d...x-Opinicus.gif

Redtail: Oh heck yeah, thats cool! I got to observe some rescued raptors once as a kid in school. Left a HUGE impression on me that has lasted. Birds have always interested me too, from my poor old ****atiel (whom I miss very much) to that massive owl that liked to jump out at me at the Ranch late at night as I was leaving. Just awesome creatures!

Comment

How many threads are we going to have about names.
                            Lets see........Penguin.
                            Well have liked them since I was a child and had the name many times for many reasons.
                            Mostly as of late if you ever have seen me on a board you would agree.
                            Plus I love snow and sliding.
                            Oh, and I am ornery and smell bad just like them.

Comment

I put way too much thought into mine; although I did take the time to use my dog (Fred) as my avatar.

Comment

Working...
                              X