Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Comeback (not the one you wished you'd said)

OK, Friday-freakin' afternoon and time for some levity.
    Reading through some notes this morning (clearing old files preparatory to clearing out my office) I ran across my notes over something that actually (REALLY really!) happened:
    One morning early, I walked into the main lobby of the headquarters building with my coffee cup in hand headed to the cafe to get some coffee. I no sooner got through the door than I almost ran into the Commanding General, who had just come in the door and was stopped to take his overcoat (with all the frikkin' stars on it) off.
    He looked down his nose at me and said "It looks like one of us is not working very hard."
    Without batting an eye I responded "Well, that sure wouldn't be me, Sir."

He just started laughing. My Colonel (he was scared ****less of this particular General, who routinely berated people in front of others and would stop and make officers pick up cigarette butts) couldn't believe I'd done that... and I'm not sure where I pulled that one from, but the timing was perfect.

LOL I love it!!!!!

Army General? Or was it an Air Force General with wings. Fighter pilots are soooo fun to mess with.

Comment

Posting in my other thread made me think of this.

The other day after an arguement with my boss.

Not really an arguement. Just one of those discussions where theory is replacing experience I finally asked him...

"Did you major in engineering at Virginia tech because the program had som many books with pictures?"

We had another guy who worked with us for a while who was 68 years old and beeen everywhere and done everything.
      On one of is bragging spells he was talking about being in the Army...

LYKOS- "Whoa Chuck! You were in the army? For real?"

Chuck - "You d@mn right I was by God!"

Lykos - "That's cool. Did you fight for the North or the South?"

Comment

Army.
        Army is "corporate"... to the bone.

Comment

That's too funny Tom! Did you get a knot in your gut when you realized what you did?

Comment

No knot in my gut at all.
            I actually had - and still do - a pretty good relationship with this guy (he's retired now). I just never let his gruff act get to me like other people did.
            C'mon y'all, this thread wasn't s'posed to be just about me.

Comment

Experience...

When I was a bit younger (okay, a lot younger) I was heading up a team and one old fart (not on the team, but wanted to stick his nose in), was going on and on about his "twenty years of experience" in this or that. I have no idea where it came from, but I suddenly looked at him and said "are you sure? sounds more like one year's experience and 19 years of repetition".

OMG, was he upset! But, I had more congratulations that afternoon, than I've had in any ten year period.

Ed

P.S. yes, I was "counseled" about my "insensitivity".

Comment

Reading this made me think of the other day at work. My new "boss" is some 23 year old college boy that was sent to us by our corporate office in France. Now his english is ok at best and we all take every opportunity to confuse the hell out of him, mostly because he had a very "I am superior to you" attitude. I was standing outside having a smoke waiting to go to a metting that was still a good 15 minutes away when he rushes by and says to me, "Are you coming?" I answered, "No, just breathing hard, but thanks for asking." The other supervisors that were in ear shot immediately spit coffee everywhere. The look of shear confusion on his face was priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by khartig View Post
                  Reading this made me think of the other day at work. My new "boss" is some 23 year old college boy that was sent to us by our corporate office in France. Now his english is ok at best and we all take every opportunity to confuse the hell out of him, mostly because he had a very "I am superior to you" attitude. I was standing outside having a smoke waiting to go to a metting that was still a good 15 minutes away when he rushes by and says to me, "Are you coming?" I answered, "No, just breathing hard, but thanks for asking." The other supervisors that were in ear shot immediately spit coffee everywhere. The look of shear confusion on his face was priceless.

Comment

my boss was complaining during a meeting that he had a bad headache and his head hurt really bad. i did the "does your face hurt" shtick on him and he fell for it.

Comment

Working...
                    X