X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Night

So I usually wake up around 1am to go to work. Well tonight around 11:30, I was awakened by the scream of locked up brakes. I think to myself, "self, somebody's gonna be in a world of hurt" It seems like the crash takes forever to come, but it does finally, and it's a doozy. But the problem is, it is accompanied by my bed shaking. Ohh Sh*t! I'm calling 911 as I hit the front door but as I open it, I see flashing lights and cops with guns out walking towards my yard. The car that was parked in my circle drive is up on my stoop, and someones caprice wagon is head-on into my house, next to the stoop. He had his brakes locked for at least 60 yards. And he lived for the ambulance ride. The police say they saw him blow a red light and turned to follow him (said they were up to 80 trying to catch up) but they weren't in a pursuit yet when my house got in the way. Floor is buckled in the hall, and some drywall is opened up in the basement, but really the damage isn't as bad as I thought. And the jeep was missed completely. I'd post up some pics but my brother messed with my computer and I lost my photobucket password, so that will have to wait until I find it.

sorry to hear that man....good thing you or anyone else did not wind up getting hurt. it's too bad there are people like that. good luck with the cleanup.

Comment

crazyness!!!! glad your ok.

Comment

Kinda like Cops, live, coming to a town near you...

Comment

How the bloody heck can they be "follwing" this guy at 80 mph and "not be in pursuit yet"???

Wow, thats just NUTS!!!

I woke up one early, early morning (abt 3 am) to a semi overturned in my yard.

What a way to start the day, who needs coffee with that stuff going on!

Just realy glad no one got hurt! (except duma$ in the car!)

Comment

Hope he has insurance!

Comment

Wow.
              Glad you and your family is okay, and your Jeep is unhurt... it would be harder to steal good parts off it if it were all mangled!

Comment

Hmmmmm. You know, I never really saw the responsible party. It could well have been a pack of thieving kimbies. Just to short to see over the dash to know when to stop. Guess I'll have to start sleeping w/ the potato gun loaded. (and who knew, Kimbies have to carry liability, too) Just got finished picking up most of the shards, but some of it is so small. I'll never be able to wander out barefoot for my paper again.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatkid View Post
                  Just got finished picking up most of the shards, but some of it is so small. I'll never be able to wander out barefoot for my paper again.
                  Man, that really sucks... that's one of life's little joys, too.
                  Hope everything gets back to as close to normal as possible soon.

Comment

Sorry to hear about it, good thing you weren't out sitting on your front porch at the time. Good luck with the clean-up/insurance.

Originally posted by Jeff's_Jeep View Post
                    Hope he has insurance!
                    That's not likely, and a lot of insurance companies won't pay out if you are doing something illegal ( at least not to the insured party, but maybe to a 3rd party?).
                    Last edited by NOCHEEPGAS; 04-30-2008, 05:55 PM.

Comment

I had someone wreck my home once.

And if I ever get my hands on the guy him and my EX WIFE will be sorry!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gryphon View Post
                        How the bloody heck can they be "follwing" this guy at 80 mph and "not be in pursuit yet"???

It is a simple thing.
                        If they were in pursuit then they would be responsible.
                        So if they say they were not in pursuit then they are not responsible.
                        I do not see where you cannot understand this. Are you form another country? Or government knows all, you should be aware of that by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Penguin View Post
                          It is a simple thing.
                          If they were in pursuit then they would be responsible.
                          They may have been just struggling to keep him in sight at 80 mph... did you ever consider he might have been doing over a hundred? Think about the long skid marks... any faster, and the FAA would have had to be involved!

Comment

Sorry to hear, glad to hear that the jeep was ok. I know what you were going through when you heard the skreeching tires, I went through the same thing a few months ago.

A kid flying down my street sad that someone pulled out in front of him, he lost control and slammed right into my 03' Malibu that was parked out front of my house.
                            On a good note, my 07' JK was parked out front the night before...
                            http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/g...g?t=1209705975

Comment

Originally posted by tomsjeep View Post
                              They may have been just struggling to keep him in sight at 80 mph... did you ever consider he might have been doing over a hundred? Think about the long skid marks... any faster, and the FAA would have had to be involved!
                              If a policeman breaks the speed limit he best be in pursuit. Otherwise he is nothing more than a person breaking the law.

Comment

Working...
                              X