X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question for Jeep Liberals

OK, how can anyone think that the two Democratic candidates are going to redistribute the wealth as they claim. I'll be damned if they'll take a cent from me and give it to some no load, Katrina excuse, non-working bum. I am trying to get a good read on all 3 possible candidates. If someone has a good translation on their plan, please help me out. I can not find a decent write up anywhere-- Or is it they really have not given an answer of substance yet. Just trying to make the best decision come November..

lol How can you distinguish John McCain from the aforementioned liberals?

Comment

ooh...ooh...I know...

Originally posted by battallion14 View Post
      lol How can you distinguish John McCain from the aforementioned liberals?
      ...he has the best hair?

Comment

He's older

Im just glad neither of the Dems fought in a war.

I know it builds character I appreciate that.

But the last election was fought and lost in Viet Nam...

Comment

Originally posted by blackwater View Post
          ...he has the best hair?
          Morgan 1, this thread 0.

How are ya old friend?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
            OK, how can anyone think that the two Democratic candidates are going to redistribute the wealth as they claim. I'll be damned if they'll take a cent from me and give it to some no load, Katrina excuse, non-working bum. I am trying to get a good read on all 3 possible candidates. If someone has a good translation on their plan, please help me out. I can not find a decent write up anywhere-- Or is it they really have not given an answer of substance yet. Just trying to make the best decision come November..
            I think they are referring to executives that make millions every year, while their employees, shareholders and average working class are struggling from one paycheck to the next. So unless you make that much you probably won't feel it too bad.
            What we are all going to feel (and are feeling now) is pressure at the pump, grocery store etc due to all time high world demand for oil. Production and refining capacity can't keep up, and US energy policy doesn't work. It's going to be a tough row to hoe no matter who is elected, but I would say (just my opinion here) we need a canidate that will push for developing alternative energy solutions for power and transportation as well as cutting environmental red tape and opening up fields here at home such as ANWR to ease the pain until those technogies are better developed. We need someone who can get our government to come together and actually get something done.
            Last edited by rippin YJ; 05-21-2008, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rippin YJ View Post
              What we are all going to feel (and are feeling now) is pressure at the pump, grocery store etc due to all time high world demand for oil. Production and refining capacity can't keep up, and US energy policy doesn't work. It's going to be a tough row to hoe no matter who is elected, but I would say (just my opinion here) we need a canidate that will push for developing alternative energy solutions for power and transportation as well as cutting environmental red tape and opening up fields here at home such as ANWR to ease the pain until those technogies are better developed. We need someone who can get our government to come together and actually get something done.
              I couldn't agree with you more.

Comment

Thats a pretty darn good explanation....like most military, we all say.."oh I'll vote for John McCain"...but will we? This election I told myself I'd put the party aside and really read the details.

Comment

on ignorance and bliss...

Originally posted by battallion14 View Post
                  Morgan 1, this thread 0.

How are ya old friend?
                  Doin' fine, Joel. Good to see you poppin' up again.

Mike, I don't know if 'reading the details' helps any at all. I have done more reading and actually 'paying attention' this time than ever before. My leanings are usually toward the right, but I have been incredibly disappointed since the 'Republican Takeover' back in the 90's. Up until then, I thought most of our government's troubles could be blamed on liberal politics. Now, I look at the two party system currently in place and say, 'Good grief...give me a freakin' break.' There just isn't enough interest in middle America, or what's good for our country anymore.

Watching the two top Dim contenders has been an amusing process, though. I'm not a Hillary fan by any stretch, but she's a tough old bird to have run the laps like she has. Looks like I'm going to have that 'this sucks' feeling in the voting booth again this go 'round.

Comment

Conservatives had their chance to take the party back with Ron Paul. People labeled him a wacko, but now the Republican party has been taken over by liberals wearing conservative clothing, or neo-cons. Ron Paul respresented what the Republican party USED to be, but the neo-cons didn't like it, labeled him a wacko and the media passed it on to the public. The public believed it when they really didn't know why. They believed it because he's not a smooth talker, not a smooth salesman like the other candidates.

The Republican party is no longer a politically conservative party (I'm not referring to religious conservatism or liberalism).

Ron Paul has made it clear, he's not running as a third party candidate, so for the first time, I'll be voting for a Democrat for President, I'll be voting for Obama. There's lots of things I don't like about him (his stance on gun control for one), but of the leading candidates, I believe he does represent the most change in the way things are done in DC.

Comment

Oh yeah, it seems to become a bigger mess each time. I'm ready to vote Ross Perot or Mickey Mouse, or someone...someone else!

Too bad Mr. Paul didn't make it. I liked what I read about him (not in the news!).

Comment

changing views...

Originally posted by MudLite View Post
                        ...Ron Paul has made it clear, he's not running as a third party candidate, so for the first time, I'll be voting for a Democrat for President, I'll be voting for Obama...
                        Wow, Mud...that's quite the leap in philosophies there.

Comment

I liked Ron Paul too, too bad he didn't make it further. But I gotta look forward. So at this point I'm with you mud. Hill-Bill scares me and McCain will prolly keel over in office after he starts a war with Iran. Obama wants to unite the goverment and start getting things done, he's got some new ideas instead of the same old political regrind. Hillary or McCain would drive a wedge along lib/cons, rep/dem lines. We need some middle ground and hopefully Obama can get something done. Just my opinion here, so don't flame me too bad.

Comment

Yeah, taken out of context, it is a big leap. If you quote the rest of the paragraph, I explained it a little. I think Obama's the least smelly piece of dung in the pile.

Comment

I will probably vote for McCain because I think he will be the least dangerous of the three. Obama has too many grand ideas with little detail along with ratcheting up social programs that are going to be expensive.

http://www.barackobama.com/pdf/Obama...tForChange.pdf

Comment

Working...
                              X