X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tea Party at the Alamo......

I'll be there. Anyone else headed that way? Thus far Glen Beck, Gov. Perry, Ted Nugent, and Marcus Latrell will be there.

Boston Harbor is a bit closer for me than the Alamo. Unfortunately, apparently tea is a dangerous substance, so there's some issues involved in pulling this thing together.
    I will try to go to the local one here (with camera in hand) presuming I get my taxes completed and in the mail.

Comment

Havent heard of it....

Would if I could tho!

Comment

Originally posted by kingchip View Post
        I'll be there. Anyone else headed that way? Thus far Glen Beck, Gov. Perry, Ted Nugent, and Marcus Latrell will be there.
        Sounds like a good place for a hand grenade - (Nugent has a few in his trunk)

Just kidding ... Have fun and don't jump through the fire after you drink too much.
        Last edited by rippin YJ; 04-13-2009, 05:16 PM.

Comment

It seems there are some folks on the DailyKOS and other such sites discussing 'crashing' the tea parties... in an attempt to cause disturbances, etc. Among those planning for counter-demonstrations are the ACORN folks.
          Anyone going, be sure to be careful.
          And get home safely. Don't want to get injured, arrested, or end up as a YouTube footnote.

Comment

I was speaking with the organizers yesterday about a donation and they mentioned ACORN (those are nuts you know) maybe showing up. We'll see.

People think this is about liberal versus conservative. This is about an out of control congress that acts like my wife at a Nordstrom sale, except she stops when the money runs out. They just print more money.

Comment

I just don't get it...

Why on earth would you protest against the people protesting the spending of this kind of tax money?

That's a stupid question, isn't it?

You protest because you're on the receiving end and don't give a d@mn about the people and generations that will have to pay for something you don't want to earn or can't earn for yourself.

In a way, Chip, it IS about conservative vs. liberal.

Comment

Originally posted by blackwater View Post
                Why on earth would you protest against the people protesting the spending of this kind of tax money?

That's a stupid question, isn't it?
                Some of those folks ain't real high on the thinking pole, that's for sure.

Comment

There is one about 2 blocks from my office. A couple of co-workers and I are going to head over there if work permits. Worst case we have a birds eye view.

Comment

Yea Morgan, it really is about fiscal liberals versus fiscal conservatives. I guess what I should have said is that it isn't about democrats vs. republicans.

I saw a display of the states in financial trouble and those that need to raise taxes. They are ALL obama states. Kinda makes you wonder, but not really. Texas filed sovereinty legislation yeaterday. The feds are trying to force us to take the bailout money, with strings attached. We don't want it or need it. Leave us alone.

Comment

Originally posted by kingchip View Post
                      Yea Morgan, it really is about fiscal liberals versus fiscal conservatives. I guess what I should have said is that it isn't about democrats vs. republicans.

I saw a display of the states in financial trouble and those that need to raise taxes. They are ALL obama states. Kinda makes you wonder, but not really. Texas filed sovereinty legislation yeaterday. The feds are trying to force us to take the bailout money, with strings attached. We don't want it or need it. Leave us alone.
                      If it was just about the money of the congress as a whole that would be fine by me. I'm gonna catch some crap for this but.... There seems to be a lot of GOP, anti-Obama, Pro-republican whining too, I lost my 401K and need someone to blame boo hoo hooing going on. Seems like a pity party. It isn't helping anything except to further divide. If you go and listen to all the red meat getting thrown around remember what I just said.

If it was about fiscal irresponsibility where the hell was everybody for the last 8 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

It appears that the Boston media outlets are refusing to cover this... nothing in the Boston Globe, etc. no mention whatsoever. Talk radio (it's Boston, we have the only successful liberal talk radio in the country! That's not a surprise is it?) is having a cow about the evil tax protesters. Did you know that if you attend one of these, you're a right-wing Republican extremist?
                        Someone called in and pointed out that if all the Republicans in Mass showed up on the state capital steps, there would only be 7 people there!

Comment

exquisite hypocrisy...

Originally posted by rippin YJ View Post
                          ...If it was about fiscal irresponsibility where the hell was everybody for the last 8 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Well, Rippin

Comment

Originally posted by blackwater View Post
                            How can you condemn the past eight years from a fiscal standpoint and support this current debacle?
                            I don't support everything - I didn't like the AIG bailout and a number of other things that some of the money has gone to. There have been some issues. But I think most of what is being done is eventually going to reverse our situation and point us in the right direction and get the economy going.

All I'm saying is that there is a reason we are here - and the past eight years of spending money like there was no tomorrow didn't help where we are now.

There is a lot of anger, fear and distrust going on and some people are are stirring the pot and fanning the fire for political gain and everybody is lapping it up.

Comment

Originally posted by rippin YJ View Post
                              There is a lot of anger, fear and distrust going on and some people are are stirring the pot and fanning the fire for political gain and everybody is lapping it up.
                              An excellent description of the 2008 Presidential Campaigns!

Comment

Working...
                              X