Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats your offroading crew made up of??

This summer im going to have a good group of guys to offroad with. We should consist of a YJ with 32s, TJ with 33s, XJ with 31s, a stock TJ, a 1970 Baja bug and an 85 Toyota with 31s so it should make for a fun group. We also have a couple other jeeps that might come with us somtimes. So who do you guys off road with? any one got anything stranger then offroading with a VW bug ?!!

Usually solo. Something about wheeling solo that is relaxing. Or with
    4x4 club, havent had any trail ride's this year. Always fun with old high school
    buddies. Freind's 86 xj has about 210k miles on it, older than dirt and in rough
    shape, but stlll move's. and a few other's.

Comment

Usually it consists of about 8 TJs, maybe a few XJs, A Grand Cherokee and a few CJS and YJs. The majority of who I wheel with is TJs. I think last year when we went to Paragon, our group had 2 CJs, 1 XJ and 3 TJs.

Comment

I'm in TJMagoo's group

Comment

I am in Magoo's group too. Well when I can get there and when I can acctually keep up with her!

Comment

1)77 Jimmy, 35in goodyear wranglers, four in lift, 400cubes, original wood grain side.
            2)Mid 80s Military Chev 1 ton with 6.2 diesel, 35in mudds, awesome truck, can pull anyone out.
            3) other buddy with a cj5, havent seen it yet but it is ready for this spring.

I only have 31s, so iam smallest, but i can run circles around them!!!! sometimes i think they are jealous of the ol jeep. haha...they always send me in first because im easiest to get out. gotta hit the fields soon before they gotta get worked up............

Comment

I wheel witha short furry guy in a Jeep called Barney. I run the Turtle. We have the ever faithful and from what TJM says "cute" Rico Suave and last and least Icky in his now infamous yellow TJ. See this months JP magazine for not one but two pics of his Jeep crossing Canes Creek from LAST YEAR at EJS.
              Guess those guys at JP like that pic, we sure appreciate them advertising for us like that though.

With this group of yahoos for a reference I'll wheel with anyone.
              Hell I'll drink Beer with anyone for that matter.

Comment

My yj, with 33'' pro comp's, my b-in-laws yj with 33'' boggers, a tj with buggy tire, well now it's getting p235 baloney skins, cuz I just bought it, a toyota truck with 33'' boggers, a xj with 34'' LTB's, and about 6 various cj's with all different size tires, and setups, depending on who has their cj running at the time.

this is the normal group that I ride with, but sometimes all my buddies call all their buddies and,
                we have had as many as 23 rigs on one ride, now that's a mess, seems the more the people that go the more of a jam it is,
                seems like we are always waiting on someone to stop and fix something or another like a blowed tire, stuck, rock ate a valve stem, bent tierods, and the list goes on and on.
                that's why we usually just try to keep the same 10-12 rigs that we normally run with together, it's alot less hassle. and we all try to keep our rigs maintained,
                where as some of the others rigs might not even be ready to really go, but they wanna go anyway, and we end up dragging them out.

Comment

umm...
                  our group varies because my buddy owns an offroad shop so we roll with sooo many people but our official group consists of 3 cj7's,my yj,1 toyota pickup, k5, all on 35's, and a quad that follows everywhere.
                  but all in all theres like 12 yj's,4 k5's, 2 many cj's to count,3 toys, lots of cherokees and anyone else with 4 wheel drive! lol

Comment

When mine is running, it's usually with tjmagoo and lotgod.

Comment

When I was living in NC the crew I rolled with was a bit of everything, a few CJ's, a couple of TJ's, several YJ,s a few Sammies, and a chevrolet truck (spend alot of time laughing at him trying to get around corners on trails. In Texas I haven't gotten out much but when I have it was with mostly TJ's and YJs

Comment

whenever i get running you need to come down and hit up a couple of trails with me.

Comment

The CORE of my buddies would be an XJ one cj, two yjs two tjs one converting to a tj rubicon here in two weeks after he does the rebuild on it. it was rolled and has to get it CDOT approved for the road again. Then we have a guy in a sammie. Thats the main groupe or CORE unit of guys that I go with. It's nice we all tend to have stuff to pitch in to help one another out on the trail if something happens. we always have 2 to 3 guys with a winch and we allways have straps and hilifs. We tend to always have the basics covered if something happens.

Comment

In our group, we usually run with 3 TJ's, with an occasional grand or two that run with us...and will have a 5 running with us as soon as he gets the resto done.

Comment

I run with HRJA there are more CJ's than anything else I would say. But the group of people usualy varies, since its a large group. Its a great crew they are always planning events and are very active with the other local groups like NEC,EJP, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X