X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama Finally Gets It

Punchline at about the 1:00 minute mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XTi-WdOu2s

Did you notice, that he mentions the PRIVATE parcel services are doing fine, the Gov't run parcel service is failing? Haha

Comment

From a retired postal worker, the post office has morons for supervision.
      People that couldn't make it as carriers or clerks so they make them post masters and so on.
      Put them some were they don't have to use their brains.
      Last edited by brownrc; 08-15-2009, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Holy Moly...

That Harvard education doesn't work too well in spontaneous situations, does it? A lot of the posters were talking about a failed teleprompter. Maybe he needs a pocket version.

I can't believe he actually said that. I wonder if we'll see this on CNN later?
        Last edited by blackwater; 08-16-2009, 04:01 PM. Reason: crap spelling

Comment

Damm Union Teleprompters.....

Wouldn't you know that when he needs it the most, the teleprompter goes on break.

Comment

you guys didn't even understand what he said...lol, pay attention when people speak or you look silly afterward

Comment

Originally posted by the Captain View Post
              you guys didn't even understand what he said...lol, pay attention when people speak or you look silly afterward
              That explains why he keeps saying 'let me be clear...'

For someone who is a supposedly great communicator, he sure has trouble making a clear, plain, basic simple statement. Most everything he says comes out all 'weasel words' like attorneys have coached his every syllable.

Comment

enlighten me, dude...

Dear Captain,

Please, tell me what I missed. I thought I heard him say that it was the Post Office having trouble not private enterprise. What did I not hear?

signed, Silly In South Carolina

Comment

I must have missed it too. I clearly heard him use the USPS as an example of how gov't healthcare would work which I happen to agree with.

Comment

clearly he was using the private and public postal systems as an example to ensure a questioner that the private system would not be put out of business by a government system.
                    the post office is not a mirror image example of a national heath care system. does UPS come to your house 6 days a week? of course not. it operates on a much smaller scale than the USPS. the effects of high fuel prices and the loss of much of the mailing due to internet communications don't have the same impact on the private postal entities.
                    a national health care system would certainly effect the private system as they would have to reduce costs to stay in the game so it would sort of be the opposite of the USPS and UPS/Fed Ex. the gov system would be the walmart of heath care in comparison to the private system. people go to walmart because the prices afford them things they normally would not be able to buy.
                    when it comes to living or dying you don't have an alternative to the current system if you can't afford it. many people lose their jobs and their health care along with it. it could be any one of us. would you think it to be fair if you lost your job and your insurance only to have a member of your family become ill and die from a treatable condition. over 100,000 people a year die from treatable illnesses in the US, we are the worst in the world in industrialized countries when it comes to that.
                    i don't care if it costs me a little more to help others out. something just tells me jesus wouldn't turn people away to go die but apparently you guys are full willing to do so. so yes, you sound silly when you take things out of context and slight others for trying to help people. and im sure you will find some semblance of an argument for why im wrong and stupid, including baseless attacks on my character as you've done in the past. the funniest was BW's snide remakes about my work ethic. hilarious considering i work between 50 and 60 hours a week and am well known for running circles around people on the job. so go ahead and post your silly rebuttals, i look forward to the good hard laugh i'll have later.

Comment

Interesting that you mention Jesus. How far are you willing to allow the gov't to control your life? They have done quite a job to outlaw mainstream religions in public. How much more control are you willing to give them? How long until you have freedom from religion and not freedom of religion?

FWIW, Jesus didn't appear to be too fond of the Romans.

Comment

Originally posted by battallion14 View Post
                        Interesting that you mention Jesus. How far are you willing to allow the gov't to control your life? They have done quite a job to outlaw mainstream religions in public. How much more control are you willing to give them? How long until you have freedom from religion and not freedom of religion?

FWIW, Jesus didn't appear to be too fond of the Romans.
                        Same book, different character, Moses was pretty rough on the Egyptians.

Comment

Times are changing. Birthday wishes, E-mail. Saying Hi, E-mail, Paying bills, Online, Paychecks, Direct deposit. Alot of the USPS business is gone. Capt. made some good points. Because I will not pay bills with direct withdrawall or online, I still get a few pieces of worth while mail every couple weeks ,couple bills and news letters. The rest is JUNK. Anything I really need to access is availble on line. There business is going fast.
                          Last edited by redtail; 08-16-2009, 06:50 PM.

Comment

where i come from, even when we've lost all our other capital letters, Jesus gets capitalized.

perhaps someone hasn't talked with Jesus much lately.

Comment

peace, love and all that horses hit...

...the funniest was BW's snide remakes about my work ethic...
                              Dangit, man...another liberal I've offended. I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight...I'll need therapy...again. (I don't remember ever addressing your work ethic but then, I do a lot of drugs...) Why don't you throw in another twenty hours of overtime and do your part to help the needy? Wait a sec...yet more needy...and more needy...and more needy. See the 'war on poverty', Captain, and ask yourself how that's been workin' for us.

What is wrong with you people that you can't see the trillions of dollars that have already been stolen to 'help' those who cannot help themselves? If you're laughing it's because you are the typical clueless liberal. Like I told another of our liberal Jeep brothers, Obama and his ilk laugh at people like you. It's all a great big joke, isn't it?

No matter what President Obama was 'trying' to say, he botched it...BIG TIME. You are hearing what you want to hear and he loves you for it.

If you need so badly to help all these 'other' people that you're so concerned about, you are welcome to do it with YOUR money. Leave mine the hell alone. I would never ask you for yours to do a damned thing. Where do you get the arrogance necessary to presume that you have a right to another man's hardearned money? Do you think you're the only one with a work ethic in this country? Wake up, man. You are being royally screwed and it is about to get worse...laugh away.

I will admit this to you, though...I like it that I make you laugh.

Comment

Working...
                              X