X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got married in Kauai...

So the other half and I decided that it was time to tie the knot... We had been working in AK since December, and the beach sounded like a great place to have the funeral, er, wedding. So here we are, husband and wife, with sand between our toes and the best tourist tanlines on the island. Oh, I forgot the best part... We rented a JK for the trip.http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...2_879579_n.jpghttp://i976.photobucket.com/albums/a...2/IMG_1967.jpghttp://i976.photobucket.com/albums/a...2/IMG_1973.jpghttp://i976.photobucket.com/albums/a...2/IMG_1969.jpg
    Last edited by herman8r2; 02-26-2010, 03:03 PM. Reason: another photo:-)

Not shabby at all!
    Congratulations.
    Sucks to have to be in Hawai'i, eh?

Comment

Sweet deal! Congrats man!

10 years this spring for us.

Comment

Originally posted by tomsjeep View Post
        Not shabby at all!
        Congratulations.
        Sucks to have to be in Hawai'i, eh?
        Thanks guys... Hawaii is kinda tough to handle after Nome, it's way to warm and sunny here!

Comment

Originally posted by herman8r2 View Post
          Thanks guys... Hawaii is kinda tough to handle after Nome, it's way to warm and sunny here!
          ACK!!! 'Tis nay such thing man! That be too much time in Gnome fer ya!!!

(yes, the spelling is intentional!)

Comment

Congrats man!
            Sounds like a great trip. If I show this to my better half she'll start saving money to travel to Hawaii...

Comment

Worth the money...

Thanks Toralf... If you can afford it, the trip is definitely worth saving for.

Comment

Congrats!

Sweet to be in Hawaii. Enjoy your life together.

Comment

the trip is definitely worth saving for.
                  So tell us... what does the air smell like?
                  Still smell like flowers?

(I miss Hawai'i)

Comment

the hawaiian islands are pretty dang sweet. i have some great memories from Kauai, went when i was 14. have a great time and GO SCUBA DIVING!!! well worth it in a tropical paradise as such. props on the jeep rental, (although you do have the top up, i know i know AC) and if you can, make your way to maui if you want to see some ridiculously sweet beaches. the whole place is beatiful but i'd skip the volcano tour if your inclined to go on one (the sulfur hurt my lungs for 2 days after).

Comment

Congrats man...and I love that there's more pics of the rented jeep than anything else.

Comment

Thanks Toralf... If you can afford it, the trip is definitely worth saving for.
                        That's what I heard.... but the trip to Hawaii from over here costs more than just a little fortune. But it's for sure something to spare money for.

Comment

watch out for tsunami's, just read that they are heading your way from an 8.8 in chile, predicted to be the biggest waves to hit the islands since 1964. surfs up!

Comment

Swing and a miss...

Tom: Yes, the air still smells like flowers... and salt.

Captain: I know, it's something akin to blasphemy to have the top up on a tropical island, but some previous Ahole decided that he was too tough to look at the directions for top removal... It's broken, and I don't wanna be the guy that takes it back to the rental place in pieces. So, we suffer through with the windows down, but no AC. We'll have plenty of AC when we get back to Nome.

mdwatkins: UMMM, yeah!! I did say the best part was that we rented a JK... I can't be mushing up the 4WD forum with pics of kissy-face huggy-bear, now can I... Besides, She picked it out as a surprise for me.

OH, and yes, we did have to head for the hills today... for a paltry .9 foot wave. It was a giant non-event that had the whole fricken island waiting in line at the gas pump this morning. The air-raid siren DOES make a great alarm clock though. I think they should turn that thing on at 6:00 AM every morning. At least we got to drink beer and come back to the house after we were good and burnt. I did make an excellent dinner... Yes, with beer

Comment

The non-event tsunami is a big hassle, I know. But Hawai'i has a long and dark history dealing with them. When I was there, we were to have one hit, and only in the aftermath (a 3 foot wave that rolled ashore and retreated with almost no damage) did the authorities realize they had no warning system in place for the airport and the hotel guests. And of course there was the great tsunami that killled so many people back in the 50's(?? maybe 60s?). And since there's no way to tell what the wave is going to be like until it actually comes ashore, it's all guesswork. A boat at sea can roll right over a huge killer wave like that and not even know it passed.
                              Glad you guys are in a Jeep and not in one of those friggin' moped things that so many tourists rent.
                              Enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                              X