X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XRC8 and Extreme warranty

Hey guys, it's been a while since i've been on here. I ran into an issue with the xrc8. The gear selector handle broke off. It just pops right out and doesn't engage anymore. I remember i purchased the extreme warranty with the winch and wondering if that'll cover the repairs or replacement of the winch?

It's been an awesome winch so far and unfortunately it broke while pulling out little shrubs.

Thanks

Chris

Call in and talk to customer service. They should be able to help you out with the extreme warranty!

Comment

If they don't warantee it, it's an easy fix. Mine did the same thing. With the lever pulled out and cleaned up real well you can see where a pin goes through the shaft. Drive the pin out and get the apropriate sized roll pin to replace. Pull the cover off the winch and reinstall the handle and pin. Aperently they used a soft pin.

Comment

Originally posted by steady.foot View Post
        If they don't warantee it, it's an easy fix. Mine did the same thing. With the lever pulled out and cleaned up real well you can see where a pin goes through the shaft. Drive the pin out and get the apropriate sized roll pin to replace. Pull the cover off the winch and reinstall the handle and pin. Aperently they used a soft pin.
        The pin was missing. I'm afraid it's somewhere in the gears and could cause some damage in there. I don't mind trying to fix it myself but I'd rather check with 4wd first to see what's recommended. I like to avoid tinkling with stuff that's still under warranty.

Comment

I didn't get a response via email so I went in this morning. The dude at the desk was totally cool about it and sent me on my way with a brand-spankin-new winch. I did have to pay another $30 for a warranty on this one but 30's better than 300.

Hopefully Smittybilt made some changes to the pin-style lever. Hard to believe it broke after only 4 uses. I wanna throw a coat or two of clear/paint on the lever cuz it rusted up pretty badly after just one winter.

Comment

You can't ask for a better warranty than that.

Comment

Working...
            X