Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Anybody ride on 2 wheels? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anybody ride on 2 wheels?

    Just curious if anybody else is into motorcycles as well as Jeeps. If so, let's here what you've got.

    Here's mine:

    2002 Suzuki TL1000R
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...e/ff11f35b.jpg

    2000 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1500
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...e/HPIM0373.jpg

    Both are for sale so I can get an Adventure-Tourer.

  • #2
    I just sold my Honda VTX1300..

    I'd be sad.. but the reason why I sold it is because I'm way too busy wheelin'



    -Mel

    Comment


    • #3
      the only street legal bike i ever had was a 2001 suzuki dr-z400s but sold that hunk o crap. i've had handfuls of other dirtbikes over the years but just bought my first 4 wheeler last week. i'm tired of holding myself up after all these years.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by bkmademedoit
        the only street legal bike i ever had was a 2001 suzuki dr-z400s but sold that hunk o crap. i've had handfuls of other dirtbikes over the years but just bought my first 4 wheeler last week. i'm tired of holding myself up after all these years.
        Just curious, what didn't you like about the DR-Z? I've considered eventually getting a street-legal dirtbike, and the DR-Z was pretty high on my list. I had a KLR650 before, but it was too big & heavy for trail use.

        Comment


        • #5
          Ducati 900 SS and Honda Valkyrie. Evil, post my pick for me.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by willness33
            Ducati 900 SS and Honda Valkyrie. Evil, post my pick for me.
            Only pic I have of either of yours is your Duc w/ my TL (when mine was still Blue):
            http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...ple/bkgrnd.jpg

            Comment


            • #7
              i've had about a half dozen motorcycles over the years, both dirt and street. i'd like another street bike again. my favorite was a suzuki PE250 on the dirt and i had a honda ss750 for street. look up those production years and you'll know how old i am.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by FUBAR
                i've had about a half dozen motorcycles over the years, both dirt and street. i'd like another street bike again. my favorite was a suzuki PE250 on the dirt and i had a honda ss750 for street. look up those production years and you'll know how old i am.
                Well, I know the PE was a late 70's bike, but I'm not familiar with that Honda, and I couldn't find one on a search.

                Comment


                • #9
                  i bought the PE (pure enduro) new when i was about 12 or 13 which was in the 70s. the honda super sport i got used in college and i think it was a 76 or 78. it was nice. had a longer wheel base and the PO put a BMW cafe faring/gauge cluster on it and shorter handle bars. had kerker exhaust which sounded really nice to. i could cruise about 70 mph and the wind would hold me up in a really relaxed sitting position. that's the only vehicle i've ever had stolen.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by EvilTwin v2
                    Just curious, what didn't you like about the DR-Z? I've considered eventually getting a street-legal dirtbike, and the DR-Z was pretty high on my list. I had a KLR650 before, but it was too big & heavy for trail use.


                    for what it was, it was great. but what it was wasnt what i wanted. it was alright on the road and alright in the dirt but it didnt do either particularly well. you wont be able to keep up with anyone on the street or anyone offroad but if you're ok with that and want a bike that can go anywhere then go for it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      had dirt bikes when i was younger, but the only street bike i ever rode was a suzuki hyabusa. it had a pipe kit and a fuel mapping command system on it. were talking top speed of 219mph. i never got it out of first, around 85mph, with five more to go.
                      oh yeah, rode another buddys 92 yamaha 600 rocket, not nearly as much snap as the busa. motorcycles are suicide machines.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by nuttzach
                        had dirt bikes when i was younger, but the only street bike i ever rode was a suzuki hyabusa. it had a pipe kit and a fuel mapping command system on it. were talking top speed of 219mph. i never got it out of first, around 85mph, with five more to go.
                        oh yeah, rode another buddys 92 yamaha 600 rocket, not nearly as much snap as the busa. motorcycles are suicide machines.
                        Sorry to be the spoiler, the 'busa is a beast, but if those were the only mods & it had stock gearing, 219 is out of the question. Depending on what year, they restricted the top speed to 189mph by limiting the revs in 6th gear. The unrestricted (or modified version) would hit 196 stock, but it took alot of mods to get it to 219. At that speed, it takes some serious horsepower increases to even get to 205mph...probably a turbo or nitrous. Also keep in mind that most sportbike speedometers are off by 10%-15%, so if he saw 219 on the speedo, its more likely that he was really doing about 190.

                        As for motorcycles being suicide machines, they are no more dangerous than any other vehicle...it's all in how you ride it. Remember, people have said the same thing about Jeeps.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I used to have a nice little Suzuki street & trail...it died and I haven't gotten around to getting another....just thinking about it makes me sad

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'm on my second, my First was a 2003 883R, and I just bought in Febraury a 2005 883L, I love the rubber mounted sporty its very smooth, If the rain holds off im going to Washington DC this weekend on it,.
                            2003 883R
                            http://memimage.cardomain.net/member.../662179_72.jpg
                            2005 883 Low
                            http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...9_110_full.jpg

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Hog Wild

                              Well a lotof you guys seem to really be into speed bikes. I on the other hand have a cruiser. '90 Harley Davidson Soft tail springer. I've ridden that thing from south Tx all the way to Las Vegas and Back. I love the wind in my hair and the protien I get when I ride without a windshield. I've gone thousands of miles and enjoyed every moment of it. I just got my jeep about 2 months ago. I hope I get the same kind of comradery as I do with my bike . See ya out there.

                              Nice Bikes Piginajeep
                              Last edited by rdwrglr; 05-26-2005, 06:09 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X