X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welding stand.

I've had a lincon shockbox ac/dc220 welder and sick of dragging it around the garage. Now I'm ready to make a stand for it. I've already got some casters for it. The material isn't a problem. I can get just about anything I need at work here. I have a few ideas in mind on how I want to do this, but I thought I would run toss it out on here to see what you all have done with your units. I was thinking basic bottom plate for it to sit on to mount the castors. Then a backing plate of some kind to wrap the cables around it when I go to store it. That and a few hooks or something for my brushes and chipping hammer and what not. also maybe a back bin for the spare rod. It would be nice to keep all the welding stuff in one spot so I'm not hunting around for everything.

GOT PICs?

don't keep your rods in an open container, it will ruin them. the flux absorbs moisture from the air. same for welding wire, the big 20lb spools will corrode and not weld too well if you don't use it up pretty quick.

Comment

ya I keep my rod in a fridge and then before I go to use them I toss them into the tosteroven in. The fridge pulls out any moister that can buildup in the flux. And the toster over will for sure bake the rest of the moister out thats left. That and a warm/hot rod welds so much nicer. I can fit a good 20 or so rods in it at one time.

Comment

Working...
      X