• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right On Andy Rooney.

( An article from Andy Rooney)

Right on, Andy Rooney!

Andy Rooney said on "60 Minutes" a few weeks back:

I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens...Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door. Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you from driving to the ball game.

I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, that is why there are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts! ARE YOU LISTENING MARTHA BURKE?

I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia, it is an opinion.

I have the right "NOT" to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off.

When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of the population is black, that is not racial profiling, it is the Law of Probability.

I believe that if you are selling me a milkshake, a pack of cigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact, if you want to be an American citizen, you should have to speak English!

My father and grandfather didn't die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours. I think the police should have every right to shoot your sorry *** if you threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word "freeze" or "stop" in English, see the above lines.

I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store, or any other business.

We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives in wars to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they could come over here and tell us our constitution is a living document; and open to their interpretations.

I don't hate the rich. I don't pity the poor.

I know pro wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television. That doesn't stop you from watching them.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next operating system that's better, and put your name on the building.

It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a parent to stand up to the kid; and smack their little behinds when necessary, and say "NO!"

I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't pretend they are a political statement. And, please, stay home until that new lip ring heals. I don't want to look at your ugly infected mouth as you serve me French fries!

I am sick of "Political Correctness." I know a lot of black people, and not a single one of them was born in Africa; so how can they be "African-Americans"? Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go around saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was from Europe. I am proud to be from America and nowhere else

And if you don't like my point of view, tough...

AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    couldnt have said it better my self !

Comment

I wholeheartedly second that!

When I was stationed in Germany I understood full well that it behoved me to learn German! I didn't have a problem with that. The problem I have is when people enter this country with out papers. Find a job, and sent 90% of thie wages to their country. Since most jobs they have don't pay well "I" or "WE" end up paying for their healthcare.
      Last edited by TJ ZAK; 07-08-2005, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Go Andy.........and if it hurts your feelings what he says they you are a shallow inbreed freaking idiot. The truth makes some people angry....tooooooooo baaaaaad.

Comment

that is the most truth I have seen put on paper or internet in a long time. and I wholeheartedly agree with the english part. you live here. speak it then.

AMEN!!!!

Comment

Dang, Poppy...

Originally posted by Poppy
            Go Andy.........and if it hurts your feelings what he says they you are a shallow inbreed freaking idiot. The truth makes some people angry....tooooooooo baaaaaad.
            I think trying to reason with hurricane season might be gettin' to you, man...

No, I'm not 'fussin''... I recognize the symptoms...

Comment

That was by far the best thing I have read anywhere in a very long time.

Comment

Originally posted by mcodrake
                That was by far the best thing I have read anywhere in a very long time.
                x2.

Amazingly truthful and completely relevant to the current state of world affairs. I hope that the trend of Americans being pro-American again, the attitude that we are better than the rest of the back-asswards world and deserve everything we have, and the willingness of Americans to say all these things we've been told are "politically incorrect" or "culturally insensitive" continues with the force and direction it's going. I hope that we are finally fed up, that the great sleeping giant has been awoken again and will distribute it's wrath across the globe as necessary to confirm the superiority of our way of life. I'm not saying bomb everyone, but lets quit being George friggin' McFly for one second and pop the next Biff that tries to walk all over us and push us around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MattJ

Thanks for the post, by the way - got me all fired up. Now I can't go to bed.......

Comment

Amen!! mjo79

Comment

I've seen that before, and I love it. I like meeting people from other countries and I enjoy learning from them. But I still believe that in order to live in this country one should learn English. I'm not saying that they have to speak it when they get here, but I can't abide people who've been here for 20 years and still can't say "telephone" in English - especially since it's the same word in so many other languages. It just shows they're not trying.

And that's the problem. I've visited a number of foreign countries in the last year and a half, and I can tell you what I've seen. In most places, the reason they don't have what we have is that they're not interested enough to work for it. They're not lazy, but we in this country expect a certain quality of living, and we go out every day to ensure that we have it. They don't do that in a lot of the places I've seen. Maybe they don't see the point, maybe they don't know any better, beats me - but to bring that mentality here and expect it to be given to you...well that's just wrong. Assimilate enough to get by as a productive American, and I'll invite you over to watch football or baseball any time.

Sorry, all - rant off.

~scruff

Comment

he put it so elecently (sp) that i almost speach less
                      Last edited by SD Boy; 07-11-2005, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SD Boy
                        he put it so elecently (sp) that i almost speach less

these quotes are falsely attributed to andy rooney (and sometimes ted nugent and others) and emailed out. this is over a year old and originated from a conservative forum.

andy rooney would not say what was posted in this thread - in fact he would say the complete opposite and has been quoted saying he disagrees with everything and hates how someone has written a self righteous bigotted thing and dragged his name through the mud by starting the rumor that he wrote it...

Comment

Originally posted by 5.9LITRE
                          these quotes are falsely attributed to andy rooney (and sometimes ted nugent and others) and emailed out. this is over a year old and originated from a conservative forum.

andy rooney would not say what was posted in this thread - in fact he would say the complete opposite and has been quoted saying he disagrees with everything and hates how someone has written a self righteous bigotted thing and dragged his name through the mud by starting the rumor that he wrote it...
                          It didn't sound like Andy Rooney to me, but whoever said it, I'll take it.

MattJ

Comment

I dont care who wrote it, it is still one of the best things I have ever read.

Comment

"You've got to stand for something, or you'll fall for anything." Don't know if he wrote it, but Aaron Tippen sang it.

Comment

Working...
                              X