X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bow Hunting

anybody bow hunt ? if so do ya use a Hoyt compound bow? like dislike ?

i do.. Hi im Jay and I'm a hick. My first bow was a Hoyt. I graduated up to a Darton Yukon and I'm glad I did. For the price you can't beat a Darton. Forgiveness factor is nice. With the right setup you can't go wrong.[i paid 350 for the bow + 100 accessories] (Muzzy zero effect rest[100 upgrade from old rest]) BUT, my advice to you is to shoot everyone you can and go with the one that is in your price range and is the most comfortable for you. One advantage I saw when I bought mine was the let off. I think my let off % is like 80. This means you can hold the bow at full draw longer than one w/ less letoff. Also means you only need to pull back a little before your at full draw. Good luck and shoot em straight.

Comment

well i got a Hoyt yesterday ... for $5 in perfect shape is called the sensation has a pretty tight draw to it but then again i aint used one in a LONG time but i guess for the price it was worth it lol and from what i found on the web hoyt aint to cheap

Comment

$5.00???

Please tel me that was a Garage Sale and I did not just miss the deal of a liftime.

Wait...Can't hunt yet it's still Jeeping Season.

Comment

goodwill lol went out last night got a case for it and a few other things its all ready to go now will get a pic of it here in a minute

Comment

[/IMG]dont think it was to bad for $5

Comment

hoyt

Picked up a Hoyt vipertec 2004 or 2005 model after last hunting season. This will be my 2nd season to bow hunt. It has fiber optic sights/Hoyt quiver/2 dozen Easton Hardwoods Green HD 500 carbon arrows

Comment

man i seen the viper tec them things look badazz !

Comment

Project jeep, you have got to be kidding me! Your lucky I wasnt in Georgetown for that sale. If you want to make some money on it I will be glad to help you out! I am in Lawrenceburg and I hunt with an old Ben Pearson bow, its old but it is still good. I am thinking of upgrading this year though. My let off feels like about 20%. Missed a very nice deer straight down about two years ago because he stopped behind a brush while I was in full draw and had to hold it for about three or four minutes, felt like an hour!

Comment

yeah i prob wont get that lucky again ever lol but hey ya never know i might end up needing something for my Jeep one of these days ... speaking of that im going to do the window tint now ... yall wish me luck !

Comment

I am just getting into bow hunting. I have a wood compound bow called a brown bear. I have not shot anything yet. Just praticing for now.

Comment

3-D Shoots

I Know i should not go to these because Jeepin Time is Much more important but i try to go every Sunday Great way to relax and keep in tune for the season. I shoot a PSE Mach 12 anyone else shoot 3-d's

Comment

i do for fun. i shoot my hunting bow though, i dont have a specific 3d bow. someday though when i have more money than brains.............

Comment

i shoot a PSE nova, wanted the nice 400 dollar one but a 12 year old only has but so much but as time went on i got the overdraw and other lil doo dads to speed my fps up, shooting 25" arrows at about 69 lbs really zips em down the range, and i shoot 3d targets out of my tree lounge best treestand ever I have a turkey , javelina *sp* , and 2 deers to shoot at, I hate trying to find the short carbine arrows, cant use the metal detector and I am not paying for that 120 dollar one lol where I hunt it usually is rare to see more then a 45 yard shot so I have 2 pins *keep it simple * 15 yards and 30, I can wait for them to come to me, last year at black powder I waited for a young buck to get inside of 10 feet before I shot, I watched him come in from about 30 yards away.

Comment

im still used to hunting with a SKS i might try hunting with the bow but not sure yet

Comment

Working...
                              X