Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you ever get a chance to see Donnie Iris...

Do it!!!

People from Pittsburgh area should know what I'm talking about. I saw Donnie Iris & the Cruisers tonight, and they still kick a s s!!!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...e/HPIM0893.jpg

Wow! You're showing your age! Just kidding, I like Donnie Iris as much as any mid thirty something form the 'Burg area!! We must be the only two though!

Comment

Mid 30's??? I guess 31 & 32 are now mid?

I'm telling you, he fuggin' rocks! They rocked the hell out of every single song they played. From Agnes (1st song) to Ah Leah (last song by himself).

He opened for B.E. Taylor, which if he played alot of original material would have been a bit of a yawn, but he played a bunch of covers, then he called Donnie back up on stage and they played together for about an hour or hour & a half.

One hell of a show!!!

Comment

What venue?

Comment

Originally posted by kupe
          What venue?
          By the Civic Center in Wheeling. They tore down the old parking garage and now they have a pretty decent outdoor amphitheater type deal that overlooks the river. Thursday was the opening night for the Wheeling Blues Fest.

We sat 3rd row almost dead center.

Comment

hmmm...now if Huey Lewis and the News were there ...

Comment

Originally posted by FUBAR
              hmmm...now if Huey Lewis and the News were there ...
              Hey now!

You shouldn't even mention them in the same breath as Donnie Iris. Go back & listen to their music. There's no comparison as for true musical quality.

Comment

not much of a donnie iris fan. he had one hit that i remember.
                did shaun cassidy open up for him?

Comment

The Donnie Iris thing is a local oddity. People in the Pittsburgh area (of the right age) are still very big fans. At a small venue as the one mentioned, I think it would be a good time. At the time of his nationwide popularity, It was a pretty big deal that he was a local guy, and still is. Granted, his music is pretty much classic rock, but having heard him live once I can say it sounded REAL GOOOOOD!

Comment

What is that other Burgh oddities' name, some like Joe Shirekey or something....

Man, I would like a Primanti's right know...YUMMY.....or Drovers would do too!!!

Dammit, a Portman Farms sandwich would be good too!!!

Comment

Joe Grushecky and the Iron City House Rockers. Very old school and innovative at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by kupe
                        What is that other Burgh oddities' name, some like Joe Shirekey or something....

Man, I would like a Primanti's right know...YUMMY.....or Drovers would do too!!!

Dammit, a Portman Farms sandwich would be good too!!!
                        Ahhh Primanti's. I did some work over on the Strip on Wednesday. Had a Corned Beef & Cheese & a Rolling Rock for lunch.

You've got Joe Grusheki (Sp?) & the House Rockers. He's been opening for Springstein a good bit lately. Truthfully, I'd go see Joe & leave before Bruce came on.

Don't forget about Wild Cherry; Play that Funky Music, B.E. Taylor; Vitamin L, Crack the Sky; can't remember a damn thing they did, or the Jaggers; The Rapper... oh that was Donnie Iris, too, wasn't it?

There have been others, too, but I can't think of them off hand. Wasn't Live from the area, and the crack heads that did On The Way?

Comment

You forgot: The Clarks, Rusted Root, and the Gathering Field.

Comment

Originally posted by willness33
                            You forgot: The Clarks, Rusted Root, and the Gathering Field.
                            The Clarks I like. Rusted Root were the crack heads that I was referring to. I don't remember the Gathering.

Comment

They weren't anything to remember, really. Just thought I would throw them into the mix as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X