Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is the gas stealing thing going on everywhere??

In the last 3 months some kids have stolen gas out of three boom trucks, my jeep, a semi (diesel) and my bosses two mustangs. Over 250 gallons taken so far.

Is there going on everywhere???

wow thats crazy. nothing like thats going on here in richmond that I know of. Best thing I can tell you is get a gas cap with a lock. thats what I got. Anyone whos going to steal gas will go for the easy steal. My 2 cents.

Comment

thats what we thought, these guys drilled holes in the bottom of the tanks and drained them.

Comment

Fuel

Drilling holes in a metal tank to drain fuel.....God I hope they keep it up. Spark,spark! Well, at least I think CJ's and most lifts have metal tanks.

Comment

here they steal diesel from the class 7 and 8 trucks at the truck stops. well, the prices went to the highest levels ever but still, I hate it! a friend of mine works as a truck driver and his truck got sucked dry three times in the last two months... 200 gallons each time... the pd's here already have special task forces

Comment

somebody down here hit a local car lot the same way. they drilled holes in the bottom of the tanks and stole the gas out of 50-60 cars.

also, (this actually made the news) a couple guys had an 80's model thunderbird with the back seat removed put a big tank in the car and wired a pump to some hoses. they went to a local gas station one night after they closed and parked the car over the covers where the fuel truck fills the underground tanks and droped the hoses in and turned on the pump. they left the car there apparently thinking it would take longer than they expected to fill the tank. the pump filled the tank and ran several hundred gallons of gas out of the tank in the car and down the street.

Comment

Holy crap! That's just insane. I have never heard of people doing that. Can't say I'm not surprised though with the cost of gas these days. But wtf, we have to buy it, what makes them think they are so special

Comment

We've been taking a **** load of reports for gas theft lately. Drive-offs and siphoning out of people's cars. We've taken so many reports from one particular station that we've told them we wont take any more unless they do something to protect themselves (i.e. pre-pay after dark).

Comment

i heard on the radio that some guys around here siphoned a bunch a fuel from trucks left on a job site that they were working at. stupid idiots couldnt tell the difference between regular unleaded and red offroad diesel fuel. they didnt get too far. then to top it off, asked on of there coworkers to have a look at it and he busted em right on the spot. can we say fired and criminal charges? how stupid are people for doing it in the first place. god dang i hate a fawking theif!

Comment

Around here they steal gas the easy way...no tag for the video pickup.....self serve pump....fill her up and drive off.

Comment

nothing like that in colorado...yet...maybe i should take the full jerry cans off my rack. i think in colorado you can shoot someone for stealing...they call it "protecting your property", so if you see someone stealing your gas you can shoot them...better check with the lawyers first

Comment

how about like in the mad max movies where you boobie trap your tank with a little explosives.

Comment

I just got hit last week. I'm for the Colorado idea of shooting. To hell with the lawyers and cop's. Finish them and feed them to the ravens.

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy
                            Around here they steal gas the easy way...no tag for the video pickup.....self serve pump....fill her up and drive off.
                            theres a fix to that in Oregon they don't have any self serve pumps its all fulll serve and it makes it that much harder to steal gas from the pumps.

Comment

Originally posted by Army_mp00
                              theres a fix to that in Oregon they don't have any self serve pumps its all fulll serve and it makes it that much harder to steal gas from the pumps.
                              Yeah, this makes it harder but wouldn't prevent the steal from parked trucks like they do here...

Comment

Working...
                              X