Announcement Announcement Module
No announcement yet.
Socket search. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Socket search.

    Along with my Jeep, I have a 2001 Chevy truck with the 4.8 v8 engine. It's time to change the spark plugs, but I don't have the right plug socket. There is a metal sleeve around every plug, so that a regular plug socket will not fit. It looks like it takes something low profile, or slimline to fit. Does anybody know who makes these or what they're called? Thanks.

  • #2
    I checked the Chevy spec sheet and it didn't list anything special. I also checked this spark plug site and other than being platinum tipped, there is nothing special about the plug
    You may just have shields around the plug that have to be twisted off.

    Thats what I know!


    • #3
      those shields do pull off, there is a spring attached to them that is between the shield and the head, just pull and twist, they will come, not always easy, but they will come.